Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
XDS 3.3 .45-cal
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Came across this post on Facebook today (below), which was originally posted in 2017. The guy who posted has his own training school, and is a firearms instructor (at least that's what he says). Has anyone ever experienced what he described? Have had my XDS since they first came out, and it's always been my go-to CCW. I'd hate to have any doubts whatsoever about it. Thanks!

First catastrophic failure of the class, XD. This makes 20 catastrophic XD failures in just over 2 years of tracking handgun failures in classes. This particular XDS experienced an extractor failure that was not repairable. Extractor, grip safety, and trigger bar are the most common failures that render the gun unusable. This is why I don't recommend the XD for anything, ever, anywhere.
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
XDS 3.3 .45-cal
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
An XD and and XD-S are different guns. That said, need more info before I’ll comment further. My XD-S .45 runs like a top.
My (rookie) mistake. Yes, my XD-S also runs great, no issues. Didn't realize they were two different animals. Thanks for the reply.
An XD and and XD-S are different guns. That said, need more info before I’ll comment further. My XD-S .45 runs like a top.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
He’s an ass, and that things beat. Look around the grip safety roll pin. Someone’s been monkeying around with it and probably screwed it up. Anyone can hold a pistol with the slide partially back and claim it’s broke. Extractor is still there, what’s wrong? Be more specific. Besides that a catastrophic failure to me means that the bbl and or frame is split and totally locked up. Sorry for the rant but random statements of stupidity tick me off.

·
Registered
149 Posts
This has been posted here before. And yes, to me a catastrophic failure is a little more than a broken extractor.
I have owned more Xd variants than any other handgun and my personal experience has been 100% positive. I have owned 2 Xds 45’s (still have one in my stable) and never a problem. Just my humble opinion.

·
Registered
XDS 3.3 .45-cal
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks HHunter and Dagwood for the observations/info! Not being a gun expert myself, I didn’t notice the inconsistencies in his claims and photo. But I’m happy to see that it was pretty much BS, since I love my XDS. That’s what I get for taking anything seriously on Facebook. ;)
Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Thanks HHunter and Dagwood for the observations/info! Not being a gun expert myself, I didn’t notice the inconsistencies in his claims and photo. But I’m happy to see that it was pretty much BS, since I love my XDS. That’s what I get for taking anything seriously on Facebook. ;)
Thanks again!
HEY, who you callin EXPERTS?? Don’t ya know a EX is a Has-Been and a S-PERTS is a drip under pressure? We’re Professionals around here!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Welcome to the club! Wee’ll lern ya guud here.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Product Gadget Gas Office equipment Composite material

Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel Gun accessory

I inherited my first XDM this past winter. Just looking at it was love at first site. I’m guessing I’ve got possibly 500 rounds through it now. I just can’t get enough of this thing. I know it’s bigger than the guns you guys are talking about but, I’ve gotten used to carrying it in the waistband. My friend is making me a holster so it should carry better than the one I have. Every time I go to the Range I look at the other XD’s. They are inviting and I keep looking but, I just can’t put this one down yet. With 20 rounds of 9mm on board, it’s just so comforting.

·
Registered
XDS 3.3 .45-cal
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HEY, who you callin EXPERTS?? Don’t ya know a EX is a Has-Been and a S-PERTS is a drip under pressure? We’re Professionals around here!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Welcome to the club! Wee’ll lern ya guud here.
Learn somethin' new every day! Won't make that mistake again. :LOL:
Thanks for the welcome!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I just took this picture with my XDs. I simply locked the slide back and inserted a snap cap directly into the chamber. Then I slowly let the slide go closed and stop without forcing the extractor to jump the rim of the snap cap. Look similar to the op pic?

Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Administrator
22,534 Posts
I just took this picture with my XDs. I simply locked the slide back and inserted a snap cap directly into the chamber. Then I slowly let the slide go closed and stop without forcing the extractor to jump the rim of the snap cap. Look similar to the op pic?

View attachment 863812
Well, to be fair, it can’t fire in that state. ;).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Recreation Machine gun

Never had any issues with my XDs's. No ejection failure or jams on all 3 of mine. I have two 45's, one 9mm and I have put over 1,000 rounds with different ammunition brands. I did modify one of my XDS 45 with subcompact laser sight, Trijicon, titanium nitride barrel, stippling, new Guide Rod, new recoil spring. Runs like a champ and is one of my favorite. I own thousands of firearms so I try to rotate my ccw.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought a XD 3" 9m when they first came out, it has sooo many rds through without a single FTF-FTE. I now own 5 total Xd No issues. Here is my 2 cents. Could have slipped a .40 cal in his 9M mix. Hot reload, limp wresting. No fault with the gun IMO.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts