Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No factory ammo, I never use reloads too many variables.
Daughter in law had to go to hospital jammed thumb and strained shoulder

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Since it was factory ammo SA should make it right.
I'm not sure if that exact model is in production but they should offer something to make you happy.

Sorry to hear of the injuries to your daughter inlaw, hope she recovers quickly.

·
Registered
17,801 Posts
What are we looking at here...a cracked chamber? I don't see any physical damage...is there a comparison of a good barrel to your damaged barrel?

Sucks that things go kablooey...and your daughter in law will now have a possible aversion to shooting due to a failure...daggum

·
Premium Member
24,447 Posts
I've seen a couple posts lately with ammo exploding issues. They are cranking it out so fast that quality control is slacking

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
450 Posts
The ammo maker should make it right.

Contact the ammo maker, they have a protocol for just this kind of mistakes that they unfortunately sometimes make.

Glad your DIL is not more seriously injured.
Yup! Looks / sounds like the ammo here is at fault

·
Registered
264 Posts
What’s that weld looking spot in the lower left? Looks like weld ‘spatter’ around it.

That slide and plastic frame took that explosion like a champ. Not a single mark on the slide.

Just sayin.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Not sure, but it looks like there is a small linear split on the slide just above the last 2 numbers of the SN which is less than 3/4" from the end. What caliber is the XDSC?

·
Registered
38 Posts
What brand/product line/weight/caliber of ammo was used? What's the history of the XD? How old? How many rounds have been cycled?

·
Registered
16 Posts
SA has a lifetime warranty, pretty much no question's asked. Any chance you jammed a .40 into your 9m? Just asking..

1 - 20 of 50 Posts