Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen these advertised and watched a YouTube review, but would appreciate feedback from anyone who's actually used one.

It seems like it'd be a neat Multi-Tasker for the bolt group, rather than using Dental Scrapers and Picks.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm... Nobody's tried one of these?

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Geeze... Don't know how to Google? ;) CAT M-4 Tool
I guess you haven't tried one, or even heard of it. :D
Here... Even a link to a YouTube review:
CAT M4 Cleaning Tool

·
Registered
84 Posts
I bought that CAT M-4 about two years ago and I could say it was one of my go to tools when I clean my weapon. I could honestly say it cut my BCG cleaning in half. I now keep that tool a bore snake with some Hoppes 9 and some patches in the butstock and grip compartments just in case I have to do an emergency field strip or something like that. Better prepared than not huh?;)

Oh forgot to say just follow the directions it says on the package and you will be fine, it doesn't take a scientist to use the tool. Also Before that tool my main way of cleaning my bolt carrier was also the dental picks, scrapers, and my trusty wire brush. I barely use them now well maybe the wire brush from time to time tho...

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Ace!!
Good to hear some 1st hand input. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've seen these advertised and watched a YouTube review, but would appreciate feedback from anyone who's actually used one.

It seems like it'd be a neat Multi-Tasker for the bolt group, rather than using Dental Scrapers and Picks.
Love mine. Has really cut down the cleaning time and much less wear and tear on my fingers from using greenies. Definitely worth the price IMO.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Looks like it works great. But 32 bucks..... I guess it will pay for itself after awhile

sent from the german sheperd next to me

1 - 11 of 11 Posts