Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
I have been using lead from Missouribullet.com in my magnum revolvers with great success, and am soon going to try them in 9mm and 45ACP. Many folks on this forum and elsewhere write about great experiences for better prices than jacketed. But all of us are wrong according to Boris, starting at this post in an ongoing thread :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope, not unless you screw up the reloads.
I was thinking about buying up some unjacketed remanufactured lead bullets like this: Ultramax Remanufactured Ammunition 9mm Luger 125 Grain Lead Round Nose Box of 50

11 bucks for box of 50.

I may also shoot some of my friend's reloads from time to time. I've not done any reloading myself: too much of a newb.

I've heard people say you shouldn't use unjacketed in stock glock's. I didn't know if that was also true for XDs.

There is probably another thread on here somewhere about cheap bulk ammo. I'll have to find it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was thinking about buying up some unjacketed remanufactured lead bullets like this: Ultramax Remanufactured Ammunition 9mm Luger 125 Grain Lead Round Nose Box of 50

11 bucks for box of 50.

I may also shoot some of my friend's reloads from time to time. I've not done any reloading myself: too much of a newb.

I've heard people say you shouldn't use unjacketed in stock glock's. I didn't know if that was also true for XDs.

There is probably another thread on here somewhere about cheap bulk ammo. I'll have to find it.
For that price why dont you go to Walmart and get some federal FMJ for 10.47 a box of 50

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
oh, I see now that I misunderstood - you were asking about lead reloads to buy. As automated11 already answered, $11 is steep for 50. You can get FMJs for less, and clean less, although lead with lube coat are not bad.

One caution on reloads - make sure of source. Factory reloads can be good, but I would not trust a bag of reloads from a gun show. I would also not shoot reloads from friends, just as they would not shoot mine. Reloads are safe and fun when done properly, but mistakes can happen.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts

11 bucks for box of 50.

To avoid confusion in the future, use the proper terminoligy, bullets are the part of the cartridge that leaves the barrel when its fired. A complete cartridge includes a bullet, a primer, powder and the case.

don

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
I have been using lead from Missouribullet.com in my magnum revolvers with great success, and am soon going to try them in 9mm and 45ACP. Many folks on this forum and elsewhere write about great experiences for better prices than jacketed. But all of us are wrong according to Boris, starting at this post in an ongoing thread :rolleyes:

Now thats trolling.

I gather you carry a similar safety warning.......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts