Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had problems with their XD40 tactical not ejecting the empty casings after firing? This happens almost every mag I shoot. I cant figure if its the ammo I shoot or the chamber? I have tried UMC and Win White box and find I get the same problem.

When this does happen I have to remove the mag, close the slide, and pull the slide back manualy to eject the empty round.

Can anyone help?

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
I agree, it is likely the extractor

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
The extractor is the likely culprit. Either a small crack or piece of metal missing under the hook. Or, not enough tension.

Is there any carbon buildup behind the hook?, Clean it out a take a look. Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
mullanman said:
The extractor is the likely culprit. Either a small crack or piece of metal missing under the hook. Or, not enough tension.

Is there any carbon buildup behind the hook?, Clean it out a take a look. Let us know what you find.
I agree, check between the extractor and the slide. If there is dirt in there then your extractor may not be able to fully grasp the case rim. Also it could be possible that the extractor was had a reverse ange on it and its simply not able to hang onto the rim. Check for dirt and if thats not the problem, contact Springfield.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts