Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one of my co workers wants to go half on a case of 9mm Blazer Brass ammo. there is 18 50rnd boxes and it's going for 15 BUCKS plus our 25% discount! the problem is that the cartridges have aluminum casing! i can't remember where i heard it, but i'm pretty sure i read that your not suppose to use that kind of ammo in your weapon. will the aluminum casings hurt my gun?

thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
one of my co workers wants to go half on a case of 9mm Blazer Brass ammo. there is 18 50rnd boxes and it's going for 15 BUCKS plus our 25% discount! the problem is that the cartridges have aluminum casing! i can't remember where i heard it, but i'm pretty sure i read that your not suppose to use that kind of ammo in your weapon. will the aluminum casings hurt my gun?

thanks
I just shot just under 1,000 rounds of 9mm Blazer Aluminum over the weekend. My gun didn't skip a beat and I don't think it hurt my gun any.

I thought there were 20 boxes to a case?

·
Registered
246 Posts
That sounds like too good a deal. Are you sure it's not $15 per box?

There was a sale at Dick's Sporting Goods for $9 a box- $90 for 500 rounds. Wally World has 100 round boxes for $20.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i'm not entirely sure, but even if it is 18 boxes i'm still getting almost 500 rounds for 5 bucks :cool::lol:

Good Lord! That is one sweet deal. Let me know if your order more. I send some money to you to cover your ammo, your buddies ammo and ammo for me if you're willing to ship.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
If your ordering "9mm Blazer Brass" then the cases are brass. If you are order 9mm Blazer then the cases are aluminum.

·
Registered
6,647 Posts
Keep in mind, ALLUMINUM CASES are NOT RELOADABLE. If you are just throwing away your empties then you are saving money. If you plan to reload or give the cases to someone else to reload it CAN'T BE DONE.

·
Registered
6,647 Posts
If it sounds too good to be true then it is either not true or a scam. I figure it is a typo by either the advertiser or the poster. Don't plan on getting ammo of any brand for $15 for a case. You can't even get the primers for that price.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sorry fellas, it's a one time deal. i think we had in our inventory and didn't even know it. our manager is hooking us up. sorry guys, if i could i would buy EVERYBODY ammo and we would ALL go to the range. we'd have the coor's light sitting on ice (for after of course! guns and alcohol don't mix) and the brisket smoking! oh what a day......:D lol

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
it wont hurt. aluminum is much softer then the steel used in the barrel. the only problem is they are dirty, at least thats what ive heard. i have only shot one box and i cant remember.
only problem is you cant reload, i save all my brass so the savings for the aluminum cases are not worth it to me but if you dont save your brass then its worth it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
sorry fellas, it's a one time deal. i think we had in our inventory and didn't even know it. our manager is hooking us up. sorry guys, if i could i would buy EVERYBODY ammo and we would ALL go to the range. we'd have the coor's light sitting on ice (for after of course! guns and alcohol don't mix) and the brisket smoking! oh what a day......:D lol

It's cool BaylorBear. Have fun at the range!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Thanks anyway! Enjoy the deal and shoot safe!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts