Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
shooting my xd-9 sc w/ some factory reloads I picked up at cabella's, and had a casing jam in the barrel. it was easily tapped out at home and doesn't seem to have done any damage, but leaves me w/ an unsteady feeling as this is my daily ccw. aprox 1500 roundsdown the pipe, i normally shoot wwb, and hydrashock, this is the first issue w/ this gun, ammo issue or gun issue... discuss.... :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
just a guess, i'm not a reloader or armorer, but i'm GUESSING that since your ammo was the reloaded kind from cabela's you just had a bad casing. my $.02

·
Registered
782 Posts
Yeah if you are relying on the stuff for your life I suggest some high quality new commercial ammo and leave the reloads for plinking.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Brass work hardens from stress, or loses its elasticity. It may be that the reloads swell out from pressure and then do not relax enough to eject. Also many people have problems with reloads not being sized proper. If you have a ton of this ammo and it repeats often, then you could resize it with the Lee Factory Crimp die which is said to do a great job of making the case the right size. Otherwise just avoid that product in the future.
I'd still trust the gun.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Whenever shooting reloads that you didn't personally do yourself and inspect yourself, expect problems in no matter what gun you use. I make it a habit of staying the hell away from any reloads since I don't reload myself.
As for CCW ammo, unless you are an experienced reloader, stick with premium ammo like the Hydrashoks, Speers, Silvertips, SXTs etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts