Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in FL and have just received my concealed weapons license. I'm a bit confused with all the laws and have a question or 2:

1-Does the weapon when in my car have to be concealed?

2-Can it be carried loaded (when in the car) or do I have to leave it empty?

BTW - It's a new xd40SC going to shoot for the 1st time this weekend and yes this is my 1st gun!

Thanks,
Felix

·
Registered
7 Posts
nyrfan there is a site called Packing.org.Go there and it will help you out a lot about the laws here in Florida. As a matter of fact it can help anyone out that needs to know the laws about there own state. It has helped me out.

·
Registered
416 Posts
nyrfan said:
I live in FL and have just received my concealed weapons license. I'm a bit confused with all the laws and have a question or 2:

1-Does the weapon when in my car have to be concealed?

2-Can it be carried loaded (when in the car) or do I have to leave it empty?

BTW - It's a new xd40SC going to shoot for the 1st time this weekend and yes this is my 1st gun!

Thanks,
Felix

I. If it's on your person you must have a concealed weapon or firearm license and it must be concealed. It may transported in your vehicle when not on your person if it is securely encased. such as in zippered case, in the glove box whether or not locked or in a holster with a strap even if you don't have a concealed weapon or firearm license.

2. Yes, it can be loaded. The law doesn't make any distinction between a loaded & unloaded gun.

3. A copy of the pertinent Florida statutes came with your concealed carry application. I suggest that you read it cover to cover before carrying your gun.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Your CWP applies ONLY to carrying a Firearm or Weapon concealed. If its not concealed, (sitting on the seat in your car) your just like any other non-permit carrying person. That being said, if you get pulled over and the officer questions why you have a gun sitting in the passenger seat he might let you off with a warning if you explain your a CWP holder and you just temporarily pulled it out because of the discomfort but he may also draw on you! its safer to put it in the glovebox.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts