Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello XD9sc fellow CCWs. I have two XD pistols. I carry an XD9sc and am amazed that the sub-compact is as accurate as my service model. I carry in a Comp-Tac CTAC holster. This rig hides the pistol very well during the cooler months. I have developed a back ache that will not go away. Because of this issue I have started carrying my P32. I am looking for a lighter pistol in 9-mm and plan to shoot a Kahr PM9 tomorrow. This is the start of a search for a small low weight 9-mm pistol. While I find several candidates these pistols give up rounds and have some control issues.

I am left handed and before this process goes forward and I spend much more money on different pistols and assorted gear, I am asking if:

Is there a better IWB holster that might make it easer to carry my XD9sc which I really like and don't want to give up as a carry gun?

Thanks in Advance Guys and Gals

-- Richard

·
Registered
815 Posts
i had a ctac for my xd9sc. i sold it and got a Crossbreed supertuck. world of difference. forget its there sometimes! id look into it if i were u!

·
Registered
609 Posts
yep, i advise you to get a cross breed super tuck. i carry my XD 45 compact and don't even know i am wearing it, plus it conceals it very well

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
If you get a chance please take a look at our site we are a forum sponsor here and have a lot of very satisfied customers.
Thank you Larry

·
Registered
17 Posts
I use a Crossbreed Supertuck, they will give you a 2 week trial period for free.
I had to modify mine a little but it is comfortable if you have the room inside your pants.
I have never been able to carry the XD9SC without a loose fitted untucked shirt. Maybe just my build but it ain't happening here.
Being a lefty is not easy, nobody stocks anything in left and trying to sell holsters that didn't work our is tough.
Good luck and keep filling the hungry holster drawer that never seems satisfied.:p

·
Registered
937 Posts
If you need something smaller try a .38spl S&W 2" snub nose. Fits in the pocket like nothing. Id try the crossbreed holster though before giving up your xd9sc.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
You'll like the Kahr PM9, I bought one about two years ago and has been awesome. Fits in my pocket, has been flawless and really accurate. They are $$ but easier to carry around. I find even with the XD 9MM SC and a crossbreed they sit in the safe and I carry the Kahr PM9. I'm looking for an IWB and maybe shoulder rig.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
MTAC has that leather body and makes all the differnce to me. 9sc and the .45 service.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts