Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looked around and didn't see exactly what I was looking for, so....... let's see what you guys may have for thoughts.

Around town pretty much everywhere, I have either my Glock 23 or Kahr on my side. If I'm not carrying 100% of the time it is mostly due to the government buildings I have to go into... maybe airplanes or school or the like. Other times, I have a "partner" with me.

For any of my fellow beachbums.... whether just baking in the sun, or more active surfers, windsurfers, kite-boarders, jet-skiers etc..... any good suggestions?

Leave in the car, well it's an option and in my area beaches are pretty safe. Put in the beach-bag..... don't like that too much especially since I'm in the water more often than not. A "belt-pack?"..... IWB?? Hard to do with no shirt and a bathing suit.

And, no..... NOT going to the beach isn't an option. :cool:

Anyway, your thoughts? Appreciate it.

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^ uh, huh... THAT would be convenient and inconspicuous huh? :-D Does she come with the box??

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I've come to the realization that there are just some places and events that I just don't bother and take my chances, the beach is one of those places.

Granted, I only have access to a beach for about 3 months out of the year. :)

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
If you weren't going in the water, a Smart Carry would be perfect.

We are allowed to drive on the beach where I go. I just stow in the vehicle.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I've thought a lot about how to bring my gun to the beach and be able to go into the water. I normally go with friends but usually everyone is in the water so it's not like I could have them keep an eye on our stuff if I do go in the water.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
You could always hide it up your .... well you know.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
I have been known to stash a xdsc in the bottom of my wife's beach bag underneath the towels and change of clothes. Of course, this requires someone to be close enough to the bag to discourage thieves.

·
Registered
343 Posts
So basically most of the suggestions have been worthless according to you post. I don't have any experience with this myself, but I did talk to guy once who said that he pocket carries in his trunks. He said he just puts extra oil on it before and cleans it well after. Idk if that's a good idea or if it would work for you according to him it didn't damage his weapon and wasn't difficult or uncomfortable. Not really a recommendation just food for thought. Feel free to blast it as I have nothing in it. :)

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I think carrying to the beach carries more risk than benefits. You mentioned that you are in the water more than on the beach, so you are leaving your weapon unguarded. I hate to think of the liablity that could cause.
Consider the scenerio of a young kid coming across it, and shooting themselves, or someone else.

I personally would not take my weapon to the beach. There are just too many scenerios I can think of that carry negative conscequences compared to the one or two scenerios that carry positive ones.

I leave my weapon home, or lock it in a secure safe in my car, go to the beach and have fun.

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts
I've come to the realization that there are just some places and events that I just don't bother and take my chances, the beach is one of those places.

Granted, I only have access to a beach for about 3 months out of the year. :)
you must be in the warm part of MN

1 - 14 of 14 Posts