• Yes, I carry Concealed Always

• Yes, I carry Openly and Concealed Depending on my Mood

• No I do not have a permit

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So How many people have a Carry Permit and how do you carry open or concealed?
I carry 24/7 Everywhere that does not have Metal Detectors.
I carry Openly About 75% of the time.
I always carry a Back Up Gun.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I carry concealed almost all of the time, except in the shower and places that don't allow it (which unfortunately includes work) but I avoid the places that don't allow it.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Kommiefornia resident. Permits may be issued with a generous donation to the Sheriff's re-election fund. I don't have that kind of dough.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
I have a ccw and carry concealed all of the time. Yes, I too live in Kalifornia, but I'm fortunate as I retired from le 2yrs ago and was issued a ccw from the dept. I also tested and qualified per HR 218 to carry ccw nationwide.

I do feel sorry for those of you in areas that are unable to obtain a ccw, especially here in this state. My personal belief is the gun haters in this state won't be happy until civilians can't have any guns. The next step would be leos be like the bobbies in London. The former probably has a better chance of happening than the latter. If that occurs, I definitely will move.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Less than two weeks ago, there was a similar poll....on carrying at work.

I had commented that on that poll there was no option to say "no, I don't carry at work but could". The poll only had "no, I'm not allowed" and "no, I don't work"....otherwise there wasn't a "no"

---->http://www.hs2000talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=21827&start=0<------

Now XD BUG has created another poll. Again, there is no option for "No, I don't carry all the time and yes, I do have a permit".

Looks like Lumberjack98 ran into the same thing as me. Out of only a half dozen or so written responses, two of us don't have a proper way to vote?

And for sure more people only carry occasionally than carry open. In Florida no one, not even off duty cops can carry open.

:?:
Peace,
D.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Washington state only allows CCW. Open carry is prohibited unless in your own home (and out of sight of neighbors) or at a range. I do carry openly at the range and in their parking lot. CCW once off the range property.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have a CCW permit but I don't carry. I just don't feel the need to. If I ever go somewhere that is an iffy situation, I'll carry but I don't carry regularly.

Here in SD, you just walk into the county office, tell them what you want, give them you DL, wait 10 minutes, pay $10, wait a few more minutes and walk out with your temporary permit. About 2 weeks later you get your card in the mail. Don't even see the sheriff the whole time.

This state can suck at times but the vast majority of people here are good, trustworthy people that will say hello when you pass by them. You don't have gun control nazi's running around screaming their heads off everytime the SHTF. They put the blame where it belongs, on the person instead of the tool.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I carry openly where allowed...yes I STILL CARRY OPENLY IN WAL-MART. There has been a "rash" of craziness go down lately...so lately people just look at it and nod.

craziness in past 10-14 days....

1. 2 miles from my office...suspected homicide suspect running from police in Tennessee ends in shoot off in Kentucky on I-65 North bound on ramp at I-65 and scottsville road.

2. less than 200 feet from my house...in bathroom brushing teeth late sunday night recovering from badly sprained ankle/paintball injury...we hear a a funky boom that literally shook our house...grabbed maglite and XD and hobble around can't see squat...details...man walking in neighborhood with "gun"...neighbor calls cops...man discharges weapon (funky boom) neighbor calls cops again...man sees cops barracades in his apartment less than 200 feet on street behind us...3 hour stand off.

3. 25 miles from us in Front of Target (or for you french...tar jay) man pulls up in blazer target employee (his ex wife) standing out front talking to a man. guy in blazer pulls a shot gun...she runs in to call 911...he shoots man...she runs ouside he threatens her she runs in again he shoots man again...then himself.

4. 80 miles from house ex-cop accused of child molestation escapes from jail. (walks out through back door) Where is he...No idea.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Is it that time of year or full moon What the hell????
Been 3 or 4 shootings in Grand Rapids. They even called off the Gus Macker basket ball tournament ,Caledonia had kids throwing fake pipe bombs in peoples drive ways they shut the whole town down for 6 hours waiting for the bomb squad.
CCW only everyone would freak if you carried openly here in Mi.

Also I was driving a customers car {chicks} and got pulled over today.Safety belt enforcement zone because a bunch of junk hanging from the mirror.
The State police officer was really Cool.
I was carrying so I kept my hands on the wheel until he got to the car and I declared I was ccw and it was on my right hip.Some cops get really edgier.He was calm and understanding and even asked what it was.
The last cop made me give it to him till the stop was over. :evil:

·
Registered
13 Posts
cekxd40 said:
I carry openly where allowed...yes I STILL CARRY OPENLY IN WAL-MART. There has been a "rash" of craziness go down lately...so lately people just look at it and nod.

craziness in past 10-14 days....

1. 2 miles from my office...suspected homicide suspect running from police in Tennessee ends in shoot off in Kentucky on I-65 North bound on ramp at I-65 and scottsville road.

2. less than 200 feet from my house...in bathroom brushing teeth late sunday night recovering from badly sprained ankle/paintball injury...we hear a a funky boom that literally shook our house...grabbed maglite and XD and hobble around can't see squat...details...man walking in neighborhood with "gun"...neighbor calls cops...man discharges weapon (funky boom) neighbor calls cops again...man sees cops barracades in his apartment less than 200 feet on street behind us...3 hour stand off.

3. 25 miles from us in Front of Target (or for you french...tar jay) man pulls up in blazer target employee (his ex wife) standing out front talking to a man. guy in blazer pulls a shot gun...she runs in to call 911...he shoots man...she runs ouside he threatens her she runs in again he shoots man again...then himself.

4. 80 miles from house ex-cop accused of child molestation escapes from jail. (walks out through back door) Where is he...No idea.
Bowling Green resident here too. I work on Scottsville Road myself and live very near the incident you were referring too as well. Crazy world even in KY.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
From a safety point of view, why would anyone carry open, even tho you are allowed to by law? Why give the bad guy the knowledge as to who is carrying? You will be the first one taken out and probably from the back. Why not carry concealed and let the bg wonder and keep yourself a little safer?

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I was in Williams, Arizona last year to ride the train into the Grand Canyon. Later that night the wife and I go to dinner and then to take in the sights. We are walking down the street (Route 66) and here comes this young dude about 25 or so and has a Ruger Blackhawk on his hip Cowboy style :shock:
I will admit it took me by surprise, but then realized I was in Arizona.

When I think back, I can see the complete logic in this practice.

I am in Nevada and only practice CCW.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
retired said:
From a safety point of view, why would anyone carry open, even tho you are allowed to by law? Why give the bad guy the knowledge as to who is carrying? You will be the first one taken out and probably from the back. Why not carry concealed and let the bg wonder and keep yourself a little safer?
When the law states open carry or no carry.One on the hip is better then none

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
retired said:

why would a "badguy" pick the the guy carrying open out of a crowd of victims?

carrying open is just like advertising a saftey device... just because you have ADT posted all over your house doesnt mean that you will be the first one targeted for a robbery....

carrying open will turn the "badguy's" attention AWAY from you before he even approaches you.

i dont understand this theory people have about open carry. if a "badguy"(who has a gun) was going to rob a lady's purse, and in doing so he sees you with a gun on your hip... what? hes going to shoot you dead, THEN take the womans purse?.... possible, but highly unlikely.
another point... how many criminals know its leagal to open carry? if they are in the process of a crime and they see a gun on someones hip i garuntee you the first thing they think is COP, what criminal commiting a petty crime wants to kill a cop?
one last point.... this comes from personal experience. when someone is going to commit a crime, they have it all planned out in their head. when they start to enact that plan, adrenaline starts flowing. when your adrenaline is flowing you have a ONE track mind, one little mistake can throw off their whole plan and send them into panic... i know, i have seen it happen. wearing a gun openly throws a big ole wrench in their entire plan.

P.S. if we all want to continue to debate about this subject lets please start another topic so we dont hijack this one.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts