Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have yet to find an IWB holster for an XD40 Service, I opted for the 4" over the SC, but still would like to use as a temporary CCW untill I get a SC also! .. Any recommendations? I'm open to any method of concealment , just thought IWB would be easiest with the 4" ..I'd prefer something easy on the finish and not very pricey! Thanks.

·
Registered
381 Posts
try www.rigrate.com to get a list of southpaw holsters for your gun. I have an inexpensive DeSantis "Tuck This" deep concealment holster. It works great for my SC. And has an attached mag pouch. I carry cross draw at around 3 o'clock. I'm waiting for pistol gear to restock the IWB holster that will hold the SC and the XML.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks !! I liked the pro-stealth (30 + 10.99 for thumb break) .. is there anything out there similar for less or would you say 40 for a lefty IWB is the best I'll find? (There wasn't anything else per say, on that site)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I like and own 4 of these holsters. I use them for my CHL and for competitions as IDPA.
http://comp-tac.com/
They offer several models.

In the last IDPA championship matches most of the shooters used Comp-Tac holsters.

Their customer service is great and they are nice folks to deal with.

Check out their C-T.A.C. holster.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those are definitely nice but way outta my price range.. I wouldn't be able to afford ammo for awhile and that can't happen!

Hume 715-M for XD
That's a simple leather one, around $22 .. But it's for SC only and no thumb break , I could do without the latter but I can't make my barrel shorter!

·
Registered
388 Posts
I'm very happy with the FIST K7. The ultra-thin Kydex adds very little thickness to the gun while remaining very rigid. Neither a thumb break nor a tension screw are necessary as the gun is held very securely. I chose to add a body shield, but it's really not necessary.

If you decide on the K7 or any of the FIST interchangable holsters, do not go for the j-hook attachements. They do not securely hold the gun in one spot and will frustrate you to no end.

·
Registered
85 Posts
stealthsniper said:
Neither a thumb break nor a tension screw are necessary as the gun is held very securely.
I'd always pop for the Fist tension screw. It works very well. My preference is very tight retension.

·
Registered
813 Posts
If you are looking for a low cost IWB clipon for left handed carry, take a look at this one. It DOES work with the Service models. (I carry my Service in mine with no problems whatsoever)

http://www.pistol-gear.com/proddetail.php?prod=25XDL
(it doesn't look like an open bottom but it is)

I usually use an Answer but when I am running out the door and need to slip a gun into my belt or sweats quickly I grab my 715. Carries both my SC and my 4" Service with no problems. It was stiff and very tight when I first got it, but I shot some silicon spray inside and after about 2 weeks of unholstering and reholstering, it is nice and smooth now.

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
newb101 said:
Hume 715-M for XD
That's a simple leather one, around $22 .. But it's for SC only and no thumb break , I could do without the latter but I can't make my barrel shorter!
As others stated, it also supports the Service and Tactical, because of its open bottom. I updated our site, as it was confusing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts