Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to choose a carry piece but have never carried before. Ruled out .380 for lack of stopping power. Down to two 9mm choices and would appreciate some feedback. Sig P250 or Beretta Nano. Concerned about lack of external safety on Nano when drawing. DAO trigger on P250 seams a safer option. I own other Berettas and am happy with their quality. Is Sig comparable?

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
The Nano has not be released, so very few can comment towards the Nano other than the gun writers.

I'm not a Sig fan, so can't make other comments other than my personal opinion about them. But since you are a Beretta fan, I would hold out for the Nano, or consider your PX4 Storm in a sub-compact or compact version. I like the layout/cosmetics of the Stoger Cougar even better. ;)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Cant really go wrong with the Sig. Personally I think all the sigs are pretty good guns...only exception is the mosquito which is rather finicky. But the mosquito isnt a defensive sidearm. So thats a mute point.

If you are considering the P250, why not consider one of the subcompact XD's.

Ive never been a big fan of the Beretta Nano, mainly because of the trigger. Its rather stiff and hard to pull, and doesnt lend itself to such a small short defensive firearm. Accuracy seems to suffer as a direct result of the rather lousy heavy trigger pull. The other problem is mag changes...it has a tendancy to pinch my palm just about everytime I swap out mags. Not bad, but just annoying.

Oh...and there are a few nano's floating around out there already. Dont know when they are going to be released mainstream.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I have heard the P250 is not necessarily up to previous Sig standards. I cannot confirm nor deny this comment. Maybe look at the P229, P239. P239 is a great gun!
Several other good 9mm CC gun choices out there. Need to list out your requirements and then pare down the list:
Overall size requirements, mag capacity, hammer vs. striker, trigger pull type and weight, safeties?
Not really sure what has driven you to your current 2 choices.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
I have heard the P250 is not necessarily up to previous Sig standards. I cannot confirm nor deny this comment. Maybe look at the P229, P239. P239 is a great gun!
Several other good 9mm CC gun choices out there. Need to list out your requirements and then pare down the list:
Overall size requirements, mag capacity, hammer vs. striker, trigger pull type and weight, safeties?
Not really sure what has driven you to your current 2 choices.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I concur with sschrick and I have owned all pistol mentioned above.
The P250 doesn't compare with the others.
I had mine a month and sold it.
I'd even take a P2022 over a P250.

P239 is a great carry gun, but I prefer the DAK trigger over the DA/SA..
I carried one for 2 years.
My main carry pistol lately is an EMP.

But I've been known to carry an LCP quite a bit.
I favor shot placement over stopping power..:roll:

As other stated, if you are happy with your XD, why not a XD9sc.
I carried one of those for 2 years.

Or even better, a Glock 26, I carried one of those for 10 years..

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Id take a sig over a beretta any day! I have had both.. still own the sigs.. nuff said :)

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
The P250 doesn't compare with the others.
I had mine a month and sold it.
I'd even take a P2022 over a P250.

Did you have problems with the 250's slide stop/takedown lever gouging your thumb? I heard that from more than one reviewer, even drew blood after a few shots.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.