Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the "hammer loop" being put to good use. The "tool pocket" totes 2 hi-caps.

Too "gangsta" or just functional?

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have a pair of khaki cargo corduroys, and if I use the cargo pocket with the gun, I can open carry and have the pistol exactly at my arm's length. It is very comfortable to draw. Certain cargo pants dont' work because of the size of the pocket, but this is a great idea AKcowboy.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just went for a walk in the woods yesterday and dropped it in there. It's very secure with a 4". A big swamp rabbit jumped up in front of me, but I didn't have my orange hat so I had to let him go. Would have been neat to bag some tasty game with the XD.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ok, this may sound strange? What brand pants? Each manafacture makes that loop different, and given that Wal-Mart post I don't want to be checking every pair with my XD.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, it's cool, this is a strange thread! My carpenter jeans are Wally World specials...."FADED GLORY". They are actually pretty heavyweight jeans. I like 'em even more now. Don't know how this is gonna work with the subcompacts...probably won't. But the Service and Tactical pistols will be fine as long as you aren't doing the 40 yard dash or something.

·
Registered
580 Posts
lefty pants??? FINALLY something for us!!! :-D YES!!! oh wait...yeah...the "spare mag" pocket on mine...the "fifth pocket for most righties is perfect for mag(s).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:D Yep, I'm afraid they are "lefty" pants, but I can "border shift" pretty well, so I ain't skeered 8). That swamp rabbit doesn't know how lucky he really is :evil: ! Ya'll have fun with your "Carpenter's Tools"!

·
Registered
11,060 Posts
I found that Dickies makes jeans with a "Cell Phone" pocket on the right leg. It fits my XD 4" perfectly and I can draw very quickly from it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
How about overalls? Most have the hammer loop with the added addition of that front bib pocket. You could make a double holster
(one on each side) sewn into the big pocket and call them Holsteralls!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Arnisandyz said:
How about overalls? Most have the hammer loop with the added addition of that front bib pocket. You could make a double holster
(one on each side) sewn into the big pocket and call them Holsteralls!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Holsteralls!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Wow. I saw this thread and just couldn't resist checking out, only because I thought I was the only one actually thinking my carpenters were gun functional and tactical. Though I've never admitted it to anyone except my girlfriend, and I believe she made fun of me for attempting to "accessorize like a girl" :lol: I've been using them at IDPA functions to drop empty mags into the vertical leg pockets with great success (lefty here, pockets are on the right, works great)...most other people seem to fumble with either dropping them on the ground and picking them back up, and/or having trouble stuffing them into their jackets or back pockets. Never thought about the hammer loop before though....that might just be too gangsta4me though. I think I'd have to retrofit the XD's with some BirdMan sights to start carrying like that. I have used it to hang my muffs on though.

·
Registered
370 Posts
This is how I carry around the house. Some people that dont know me real well seem to get kind of alarmed by my carrying of a loaded gun like this. Also, a couple weeks ago I reemed out one of my friends for snatching it off my pants- the dont touch a gun that you dont if its loaded spiel. I was really surprised he did that because he is a life long hunter and has pretty good gun safety habits. Anyway, it does work great. I have ecko, tommy, and nautica jeans that all work pretty well. Nautica is the best though. occasionally my 4" service falls out of the tommys but oh well. I live in a pretty bad neighborhood that has had lots of break ins lately. Also, i usually work in the basement in my workshop until 1 or 2 am. My brother comes over alot and sometimes gives me $hit. What am i gonna do if someone breaks while im downstairs? "excuse me, will you please stay right there while i get my gun out the night stand??" AHAHAHA. never really done this at the range though. sucks that the gun is on my left side though also. one thing i do at the range when i want to look "cool" is I put my mags in the cell phone pocket on the right and shoot them real fast. the cell phone pocket is a great mag holder. maybe we could start a clothing line and have shooter pants with the pocket and holster reversed? LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts