Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered mine... it seems almost every supplier (including the manufacturer) has this on back order for the XD... so it will be about 2-3 weeks. I went to my local in door range the other day and was pleasantly surprised to see all 5 staff members wearing these holsters. Anyone else fortunate enough to own/try one of these? What is your opinion on their quality, etc.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Who makes that? i really like the look of Carbon Fiber and I just happen to be in the market for a new holster.

Thanks

·
Registered
161 Posts
I am angry with Blackhawk. They wont let me be a dealer without a storefront with reg. business hours. They even have a virtual dealer account, but you have to be a reg. dealer before you can open that account....is it just me or are they stepping on their own toes by doing that?

Dave

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dbrownusarmy said:
I am angry with Blackhawk. They wont let me be a dealer without a storefront with reg. business hours. They even have a virtual dealer account, but you have to be a reg. dealer before you can open that account....is it just me or are they stepping on their own toes by doing that?

Dave
I can understand your frustration, but that's actually not uncommon. I'm in the computer sales industry and many suppliers won't even look at us unless we can sell 10 of thousands of dollars worth of their merchandise, never mind having to be a legitimate business entity. They could really care less because there are so many who can meet their requirements. You have to understand that when they give YOU the products at cost (wholesale), they esentially lose money unless you can make up for it by selling in large quantities. Furthermore, if you are not a legitimate business identity, how can they be sure you aren't someone off the street who simply wants to buy their goods at discounted prices for personal use? If you are mad at them, you would need to be mad at just about every vendor.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dbrownusarmy said:
yeah that is true...but you can always get around the guy off the street situation. Have a initial order minimum.

Just my .02

Dave
Yes, but you have to understand that their only "storefront" IS the Internet. I'm sure they know better than to invite competition. They stick with storefront resellers because Blackhawk doesn't have storefronts and therefore can benefit from this. The more they can sell directly to customers, the more they profit. Put it this way... if this policy lost them money, they probably wouldn't do it. ;)

·
Registered
270 Posts
This is usual practice. Most accessory manufactures require you to be a brick and mortor business. Lots even require you to have an FFL.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I will get there, I am in the beginnings of getting my ffl. I am due out of the military in march and plan to open a brick and motar store nlt sep.

Dave

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dbrownusarmy said:
I will get there, I am in the beginnings of getting my ffl. I am due out of the military in march and plan to open a brick and motar store nlt sep.

Dave
Outstanding. I hope everything goes well for you. Please keep us posted on your progress. :)

·
Registered
381 Posts
Damn it.... They don't make the southpaw version...

It's a conspiracy to keep us down....

And when contacted, Blackhawk said the southpaw is on "indefinate hold"..

... no love...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts