Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. I know that I am going to take flak for this question.....:rolleyes:

Does anyone out there make a conversion kit, one the order of what they do for the 1911's, which lets you mount your XD frame on a carbine length barrel?

Or is there a carbine made that uses the XD magazines on the order of the Storm or the VTECH? which uses the Glock mags?

If not, why hasn't somebody picked up on this market yet?????????

I'd flat love an XD45 carbine.... Probably buy at least two....

I am trying to get the collection to the point where common caliber, common magazine.....
And yes, I am getting old and crotchety and thus believe it it don't start with a 4 it ain't nothin' but a pop gun..........

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
OK. I know that I am going to take flak for this question.....:rolleyes:

Does anyone out there make a conversion kit, one the order of what they do for the 1911's, which lets you mount your XD frame on a carbine length barrel?

Or is there a carbine made that uses the XD magazines on the order of the Storm or the VTECH? which uses the Glock mags?

If not, why hasn't somebody picked up on this market yet?????????

I'd flat love an XD45 carbine.... Probably buy at least two....

I am trying to get the collection to the point where common caliber, common magazine.....
And yes, I am getting old and crotchety and thus believe it it don't start with a 4 it ain't nothin' but a pop gun..........
Why?
I don't want a carbine with a Sig action barrel nor a 16rnd mag, my 9mm carbines are 30rnds or more. Mags are a bit pricey but cheap compared to ammo.
Has anybody actually shot one of those 1911 things? Does the barrel whip around quite a bit?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have been searching for this for a while, and apparently EMA Tactical, Mech Tech, and several other companies have had the XD Carbine kit in the works for years. Some designs are awesome! And no, the "drop in" EMA version does not come with a longer barrel, so it is not technically a carbine. Still cool.

Does anyone know about the laws regarding these in Arizona? I have been told that they would require a Federal "Tax Stamp", but I thought if the barrel was 16" or shorter then that wasn't necessary? Can anyone clarify this? No, I don't care about California...that place is just messed up.

I have also "heard" that they are illegal in places because of the magazines. As far as I am concerned it is just a really cool, really long slide. With rails and stuff.

Let's keep this topic bumped...I am ordering a CC kit for my XD the DAY they come out!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just for general information a Marlin 9mm Camp rifle will accept Springfield XD 9mm Tactical factory magizines(16 rounds), if you make a very small cut in the mag that matches with the mag catch in the Marlin.
I have used this setup several times in matches that require a pistol and a rifle. It saves having more than one type mag and is fun. Plus you use the same ammo. It does not seem to have any adverse affects on mag performance in the XD.
You can use up to a 30 round mag which is available for the XD.
These modified mags will also fit some S&Ws, and the 9mm Kel-Tec P-11.
I am sure there are others. Not a conversion, but great fun to shoot.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
I have been searching for this for a while, and apparently EMA Tactical, Mech Tech, and several other companies have had the XD Carbine kit in the works for years. Some designs are awesome! And no, the "drop in" EMA version does not come with a longer barrel, so it is not technically a carbine. Still cool.

Does anyone know about the laws regarding these in Arizona? I have been told that they would require a Federal "Tax Stamp", but I thought if the barrel was 16" or shorter then that wasn't necessary? Can anyone clarify this? No, I don't care about California...that place is just messed up.

I have also "heard" that they are illegal in places because of the magazines. As far as I am concerned it is just a really cool, really long slide. With rails and stuff.

Let's keep this topic bumped...I am ordering a CC kit for my XD the DAY they come out!
If it has a shoulder stock its a rifle, if the barrel is shorter then 16 inches it requires a federal tax stamp, nothing to do with az law.

don

1 - 5 of 5 Posts