Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I know there are other options out there that ar the same or similar sizes but for the sake of reference I'll use GunVault Model numbers.

Anyway I was thinking about the Nano 100 or 200/300 but then thought that it might be a bit of a snug fit with the Pearce grip extension and possible full size spare mag.

Would the 200/300 be too big? Has anyone used both and can offer some insight.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
So I know there are other options out there that ar the same or similar sizes but for the sake of reference I'll use GunVault Model numbers.

Anyway I was thinking about the Nano 100/200 but then thought that it might be a bit of a snug fit with the Pearce grip extension and possible full size spare mag.

Would the 300 be too big? Has anyone used both and can offer some insight.

Thanks
The Nano 200 will do just fine. With my XD snuggly inside. I think you could finagle a full size mag in as well. Sure looks like your mag with the Pearce would be fine in the gun.

My 9L M&P will fit too but barely.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have an XDm 3.8 compact and 1 full sized mag that I need to lock up from time to time. Will it fit in the Nano 200 or will I need to step up to the 300?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an XDm 3.8 compact and 1 full sized mag that I need to lock up from time to time. Will it fit in the Nano 200 or will I need to step up to the 300?
the 200 and 300 are the same size. The only difference is the 300 uses a 3 digit combo lock and the 200 uses a keyed lock.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have the Nano 200 and I can fit my XDm 9mm 4.5 and two magazines in it. It's a tight fit, but it fits.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I cut out a few pieces of paper to the dimensions of the 100 and 200/300 and decided to lay down my 9SC and the 200 is just like pictured above obviously. Plenty of room for the subcompact and two spare mags.

The 100 looked like a close fit but would still fit with 1 spare mag. Looks like I'll be getting the 200 for the car. that way there is extra room to throw a EDC knife in there if I'm traveling and can't carry my Flash II with me since some municipalities apparently only allow blades up to 3"

On another safe note what are some good compact home safes that are also waterproof. I want something that I can also keep some valuables in like backup hard drive with important files, marriage and birth certificates, SS cards, that sort of thing as well as my firearm.

Actually I take that back I'm guessing the fact most safes are not listed as being data safe is due to both the water and heat from fire issue.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Ok just found a little more info on data safes and crap they are pricey for just small home ones. $700 + although it looks like for media backups they need to be rated for the internal temp to not exceed 125 degrees. Even less than paper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts