Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there have a good picture of Canyon Creek's "Fusion" finish, I am trying to decide if I want to get that or not.

·
Registered
370 Posts
damnit! oefm has one upped me! hehe, yeah i think it looks pretty cool. im content with my stainless though. hasnt been cleaned in almost 2 months (i know, i know) and I wear it pretty consistantly and it does get sweaty and its in about 90% humidity. NO RUST AT ALL! WOOT WOOT STAINLESS XD FINISH OWNS!!

·
Registered
452 Posts
one-eyed-fatman said:
Hey, that blaster looks familiar..... :wink:

905H, I can't recommend Rich's work highly enough. Also if you're interested in a Trigger job; I don't know how it could get better than the way my blaster feels after a trip to Rich (ah, butter smooth). The service is top notch also, had my XD back in just over a week (got refinish, trigger job, & bo-mar sights installed). If you're just looking for a refinish its probably less time.

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
j2fast said:
one-eyed-fatman said:
Hey, that blaster looks familiar..... :wink:

905H, I can't recommend Rich's work highly enough. Also if you're interested in a Trigger job; I don't know how it could get better than the way my blaster feels after a trip to Rich (ah, butter smooth). The service is top notch also, had my XD back in just over a week (got refinish, trigger job, & bo-mar sights installed). If you're just looking for a refinish its probably less time.
I had to show it off. It's the coolest finish I have ever seen.

·
Registered
452 Posts
IS300_TRD said:
What kind of sight is that on your XD?
It's an adjustable Bo-mar rear that's milled into the slide with a fiber optic front sight. If you click on the picture below you can see how/where Rich milled the slide to melt in the rear sight.

ranburr said:
What exactly is the Fusion finish? Is it durable, scratch and rust resistant? ranburr
Fusion is just the name Rich choose for the finish/technic; it is actually Gun Kote. So far I'd say yes, yes, & yes to the other questions.

IS300_TRD said:
Also, how does this finish compare to say hard chrome?
Hopefully someone else will happen along to better answer this question but here's what I've got....

I would think that hard chroming would be a more durable finish since chrome would be a harder finish (I would think). That being the case comparing hard chrome to gun kote isn't really an apples to apples comparison.

The finish Rich did on my gun is Black Gun Kote, then he polishes the sides and puts a clear gun kote on the whole thing. A lot of folks here have had their blaster refinished by Rich using Gun Kote and the concensus is good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts