Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My department policy requires that the trigger weight on carry guns be 4lbs and above. I noted that on Rich's website it says that his carry trigger is 4lbs. If any of you have had this done, could you measure and let me know how close to 4 it is? I would hate to send the gun in for $135.00 of work and thus make it useless to me. Thanks, MC

·
Registered
95 Posts
Mine is @ 4 1/2 pounds.

I'm sure , if you ask , Rich will make sure everything is good.

He's done 2 of my XDs and no probs.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
What he told us at the shoot is he actually gages it before it goes out the door factoring in ~ 1/8# for final wear in of parts/springs after a couple hundred rounds.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
impcmonk said:
yea, but a LEO wouldn't really need that for duty.
I would think anything that improves accuracy and speed.Would be a benefit
Lets face the facts they have a higher need for quality on target shoots then anyone.
Nobody has to have trigger work but it will give you an edge 8)
Ever felt one of Rich's trigger? one word WOW
I thought mine was awsome till I felt old school's :shock:

·
Registered
103 Posts
BeardXXXd said:
R/T Performance said:
Lets face the facts they have a higher need for quality on target shoots then anyone.
Lets face it most people on this board shoot more rounds per year that 90% of the LEO
...but I still would like to have them scoring better quality shots when needed?

- Mike

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the replies! While it is embarrasingly true that most LEOs don't shoot anywhere near as much as they should, there are those of us who put a significant amount of time into firearms training and practice (and enjoy the heck out of it). It is also just as true that most officers don't invest properly in physical fitness and unarmed defensive tactics. This doesn't negate the need for these actions.

As far as the trigger job goes, I don't have any problem with the current weight. But I would prefer a better reset, etc. And as R/C said, we have a greater need for quality accurate shots than anyone (Our targets shoot back). So, yes, we do need that for duty use!

Thanks again for the help. I think I'll probably ship it off within the next couple of days.

MC

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thats what I hear! I was planning on sending it out tomorrow. Do you know how much I should send to account for return shipping? Rich hasn't replied to my emails yet (probably because he is working on triggers!) and I am unfortunately quite impatient!

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
I would probably have him refinish the slide while it is there.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Good idea, but the slide just got back from SA where it was refinished under warranty (I too now have a OD XD.... but it's upside down! Pics will follow soon. :wink: ). And, as soon as my service gets back from Rich, my Sub will be sent to SA for a refinish.

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
Mountain Cop said:
Thats what I hear! I was planning on sending it out tomorrow. Do you know how much I should send to account for return shipping? Rich hasn't replied to my emails yet (probably because he is working on triggers!) and I am unfortunately quite impatient!
Tough to say. I know he has a ton of work to get done this week before he leaves for a match. It would be best to give him a call on the phone.

815-672-1652

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Mountain Cop said:
Wait Rich out for few day's .I talked emailed and he was going some where.
Told us to wait till next week .he has quick turn around usally less then week shipping I belive is 25 or so for overnight back :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts