Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe Rich's Canyon Creek trigger jobs should be made a sticky so all of these comments will be in one spot. Got mine back on Wednesday after about a week, but didn't get to shoot it till Friday. When I first dry fired it, the difference was amazing. Before the trigger job, when I would dry fire, I had always noticed that after the initial take up when the trigger released the muzzle would often pull to the left along with a bit of a jerk that I felt was from the firing pin and spring releasing. This was often reflected in my groupings. Off hand was never smooth. A tight 2 hand hold on it sometimes helped, sometimes didn't and I had tried different finger positions without much change. Now there is no jerk, no pull to the left, just a smooth, light release. My groups were also a lot better when I went to the range Friday. I'm not sure if I'm attributing too much to the trigger job or not, but it also seemed like I came back on target for my follow up shots much quicker than before. I thought the XD had a pretty good trigger before, but there is no comparison.
Rich also put the TruGlo TFO's on for me, but I am still getting use to those. I like them, but I'm just use to the original sights. I still want to try the Dawson's sometime. I wish they were easier to change out.
Great job and great service Rich. Worth every penney.
Also thanks to Pistol-Gear on their great service in getting the sights to Rich and good competitive pricing.
Thanks,
Pat

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3#. I mainly shoot target and am thinking about getting into competition. I grew up shooting a Colt Super .38, went with Rich's recommendation and it feels perfect for me. I don't think I would want it any lighter unless I was an experienced competition shooter.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I think with all the busniess he gets from this site, all members should get a discount

1 - 4 of 4 Posts