Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to have C.C. do a trigger job on my XDSC Bitone.

I am also going to have it refinished either by Rich or by Tripp Research.

I have already considered SA to do both of these jobs. After researching a bunch of threads and talking to Debbie at the SA XD Custom shop I know that SA knows less about "their" gun than Rich or Tripp does. Not to mention their turnaround is at 10 weeks or more. :shock:

I am trying to make up my mind on the finish.
I REALLY like the "Fusion Finish" that Rich has come up with but am concerned about it's durability. The other finish that I am considering is Tripp's "Cobra Chrome"

To people that HAVE the "Fusion Finish" these are my questions.

1. Do you have ANY issues with rust? I will be CCW this gun almost every day.

2. Does it scratch or show wear easily?

3. What actual color would you call the shiny part of the "fusion finish"? It looks a little less silver than my current stock SS SA finish.

I know that people that have the Cobra Chrome finish are happy but would like to hear more about this Fusion Finish.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
452 Posts
The polished areas of the Fusion Finish are just the steel of the slide that has been polished and clear coated with clear Gun Kote. With your's being SS I would think Rich might be able to get a higher polish on it. Hmmm.. sounds like it would be a pretty sharp blaster. I use mine strickly for USPSA matches and have drawn it hundreds and hundreds of times in practice and matches. There is basically no wear at all to this point and absolutely no rust.

Slight Drift..... Rich's triggers are fantastic, I love mine. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts