Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Simple Question...

I have an XD9 Service, No CCW around here yet, so the only holster I have is the XD Gear holster that came with the gun.

I noticed it is adjustable for "cant" So far I have only really used it parellel to my body. Is there any advantages to have the gun "canted" one way or the other? If so, What are the advantages or dissadvanteges for that matter?

Thanks!

-Jared

·
Registered
347 Posts
Grizzly660 said:
Hey guys,
Simple Question...

I have an XD9 Service, No CCW around here yet, so the only holster I have is the XD Gear holster that came with the gun.

I noticed it is adjustable for "cant" So far I have only really used it parellel to my body. Is there any advantages to have the gun "canted" one way or the other? If so, What are the advantages or dissadvanteges for that matter?

A forward cant helps keep the butt from printing.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
User preference. Some carry butt forward, strong side, some carry butt backward crossdraw, some carry vertical strongside. I usualy carry butt forward strong side or vertical strong side. Before you decide take a course on how to draw safely, even for just shooting IDPA or something at a range. This is something you do NOTt want to learn by trial and error or from books. I would also not trust a buddy so show me how, unless he is a qualified weapons trainer and certified by a major agency/association. Pay the bucks avoid the pain/missery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts