Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local shop finally gets in a XD40 Tactical today and I had designs on leaving immediately to pick it up but WAIT..... The lovely area I live in is still in the process of catching up to the majority of the country who have physical street addresses (mine's a rural route).

When I just called to see if the XD arrived the fine person in the other end of the phone began taking my info to hold it. When they got to my address they said don't you have a physical address?? Federal Law says we can only sell to people with physical addresses. WHAT???? Never heard that before???

Anyone have any ideas to satisfy this requirement without waiting a few more months for my local county assessor to make it to our house and assign us a physical address??

Guy on the phone said something about possibly getting something from the post office. Never heard of that either???

·
Registered
758 Posts
I used to live on a rural route up in NorCal.

Here in CA, a current bill for a service that is wired into your house and a photo ID that lists your address will work. As long as you can place something as physically being there, and proof that you live there, there should be no issues.

·
Registered
443 Posts
j2fast said:
My local shop finally gets in a XD40 Tactical today and I had designs on leaving immediately to pick it up but WAIT..... The lovely area I live in is still in the process of catching up to the majority of the country who have physical street addresses (mine's a rural route).

When I just called to see if the XD arrived the fine person in the other end of the phone began taking my info to hold it. When they got to my address they said don't you have a physical address?? Federal Law says we can only sell to people with physical addresses. WHAT???? Never heard that before???

Anyone have any ideas to satisfy this requirement without waiting a few more months for my local county assessor to make it to our house and assign us a physical address??

Guy on the phone said something about possibly getting something from the post office. Never heard of that either???

Do you have a 9-1-1 address??? this would suffice as a physical address! :wink:

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
USN RM3 said:
Do you have a 9-1-1 address??? this would suffice as a physical address! :wink:

That's the big bite in the butt about the whole thing, we should have had a physical address 4 months ago. The majority of the state of WV is going through re-addressing for E911 and my county is basically done. The catch is that my house is about 1200 feet off the road back in the woods and when they did our lane they missed our house. Now we're waiting around for the assessor's office to obtain and learn how to use the GPS equipment they're getting. Then they are coming back to get a fix on the house and finally assign the new address. :x

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just list your address as: Catch 22. If that doesn't work, try calling 911 and ask them what address shows on their screen, if they have the enhanced 911 system.

Fred

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
ReloaderFred said:
Just list your address as: Catch 22. If that doesn't work, try calling 911 and ask them what address shows on their screen, if they have the enhanced 911 system.

Fred
Would that qualify as an emergency call?

·
Registered
102 Posts
My wife has been a 911 operator since they first started the system. I know she would do it for someone. It all depends on who answers the phone. All they can do is say "no".

Fred

·
Registered
388 Posts
Use whatever address is printed on your driver's license. All they need is data for the forms and a means of confirming that it's valid. Since your license is the primary means of confirming such data, they won't question it.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
stealthsniper said:
Use whatever address is printed on your driver's license. All they need is data for the forms and a means of confirming that it's valid. Since your license is the primary means of confirming such data, they won't question it.
yup, i cant imagine they would need anything more.

The ATF requires the address on your ID matches the form. Should be fine there as long as your ID is upto date. I am no FFL tho, but it seems like some FFLS dont knwo the rules either

·
Registered
443 Posts
Son of Norway said:
ReloaderFred said:

Fred
Would that qualify as an emergency call?
Well, lets just say people call 9-1-1 for alot of more stupid things...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts