Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many of you guys would love to see the xdm 45? how much rds do you think it would hold, i am guessing 14rds + 1=15rds.anyone has any idea when it will be available?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not sure but I would imagine, that you really do not want to hold your breath. You probably will not see it till after the first of the year if at all. IMO.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'd likely buy one. I'm guessing early summer... June 1st.

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
If SA is going to release it they need to soon or it might get OBAMAnated...

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
They better get it in production cause I'm sitting here waiting to buy one as my next purchase. About time to retire the old Ruger P90 to the truck.

Hell, you know they made the XDM robust enough to handle the .45 because it would have been stupid not to.

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
An XDm45 no longer interests me.

Standard XDs are fine.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
They will make it and I will have one.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The XD-M 45 is my next gun purchase. I want a 45 and would love for it to be the M, just a little worried about it not having all the kinks worked out... I just wrote them and asked for a little bit of "secret information"...perhaps a possible release date etc... we'll see what they say. Probably nothing but it was worth a shot.....:D

·
Registered
61 Posts
The XD-M 45 is my next gun purchase. I want a 45 and would love for it to be the M, just a little worried about it not having all the kinks worked out... I just wrote them and asked for a little bit of "secret information"...perhaps a possible release date etc... we'll see what they say. Probably nothing but it was worth a shot.....:D
If you do get something let us know.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I'm unsure an XDM will have a higher capacity. The XD45 is already on a different frame/magazine than the smaller caliber XDs and the XDm's grip is .1" longer than the current XD45... doesn't seem like they'll be squeezing a ton of extra cap in there.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
XDM in .40 is better than an XDM in .45 could be

Runs away....
I think I'll change my screen name to CommiHunterHunter..... Run fast CH!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just read a review of the XD(m) by Gary Paul Johnston in 11/08 issue of "Tactical Weapons." If I remember, he says that while the original XD was designed for the 9/40 and then sized up for the 45, the XD(m) was "designed to handle the 45 from the outset."

He also predicts that the thumb safety will be offered as an option.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts