Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help.
So I went to the range and tried Blazer brass, Magtech, Blazer something or other (aluminum casing) and it kept mis-firing like a light primer strike. I would pull the trigger and it would click like no round was present and noticed the slide move a little forward. I ejected the round and wiped and little oil away from the round and noticed a very slight indent (thinking a light primer strike but I had different kinds of ammo so I thought I ruled out ammo). I have heard of not going into Full Battery ( I think that means it does not slide all the way forward) I Placed the same round in the chamber and pushed the slide forward with a bit of pressure and the unfired rounds would fire most of the time. I have a Springer trigger bar, Springer Sear kit and Dons Guide rod with a 20# spring installed. All the springs that came with the Sear kit were replaced. Any one have same type of experience?

I like my XD and would like to keep it- please help.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Scott can help you out with this. Your Springer parts need fitting so that you can eliminate the light primer strikes. I wouldn't shoot or dry fire the gun to much until you can properly fit the parts, you risk damaging the striker. The fitting will be minor.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not that I don't trust or believe in the responders to my post (2 of them) but I was thinking this site was to created to better other XD users. With a nationwide group of experienced shooters/ XD owners I would expect more replies explaining trials and tribulations of the same type issues. Do I need the stock striker spring put back in? would that help the issue?

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
You have to fit the trigger bar and sear. You need to remove a bit of metal off of the sear tab that engages the safety leaver or remove a bit more metal on the overtravel tab on the trigger bar. If you do a search you will find several post on this problem an what you need to do to fix it. Again the best thing to do is get ahold of Scott the can explain what you need to do. If you can't get a hold of him PM me I can help you out.
[edit]
What's happening is the safety leaver is not moving up far enough to fully disengage the striker safety. By adding a bit more over travel you are allowing the safety leaver to move up more which will push the striker safety up and completely out of the way of the striker.

I would first try just adding a bit more over travel by removing a bit more metal from the trigger bar 90% of the time this will fix the problem.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Did you have Scott do the work, or did you do it yourself??? Either way Scott should help you out. I would say the reason why not many people are replying to your thread is because most of us have never had and issue with our pistols that wasn't user error or ammo problems!!! You've also had mods to your gun which could explain, and is most likely the problem. A few here are, like Scott, very reputable smiths. But most of us are "joe schmoes" who love our pistols. We don't want to mess up yours. We want to see your pistol work for you like ours have worked for us. That's why nobody wants to offer any more ideas to help you out, other than talk to Scott. It seems that you are like most men and want to fix it yourself. I respect that, and think it's cool that you have the mechanical aptitude to do it. If they are Scott's parts he will back them and will help you get them to work right. He's just that kind of guy!!! I'm sorry we don't have more answers for you but, if you were having these kind of problems with a stock XD you would be getting most, if not all replies telling you to contact SA. Good luck with your problem and I hope Scott or AG can help you out!!!

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
If you are using the reduced striker spring, sold by several of our distributors, it will not work with hard primers (ala winchester or magtech) and should only be used with federal small pistol primers. We do not sell this as part of our standard kit on our store.

We stopped using magtech ammo to test guns as we have had several batches of ammo with bad primers. We do more than just XD's and found the rounds would not fire in 1911's with 20# mainsprings. We regularly hear from customers (using all types of pistols) that are having issues with Winchester white box ammo also.

We can help you check that you have your kit fit properly, just give us a call M-Thur 10:00-5:00 PST or leave a message and we can return your call.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks every one! I used this site for what it was intended and it worked- Scott I will call your Company- and yes, I am like most --- want to do it myself-- some times does not always work out. You guys that replied are the best and the reason we are here.......lurking in the shadows--- oh ya when the zombies attack I got all ya'alls back Ha Ha ..........:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
im new here and would just like to say it is a real testiment to the group of gentlemen i have joined here to see you work through a fellow gun owners issue. that could have went into name calling and childish blame laying. instead you kept your cool and help your fellow gun lover out i aplaud you and would say you represent our group interests very well :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts