Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title says it all but money is far and few between these days. Aside from my projectile addiction I have an 89 YJ with a 304 conversion sucking up my funds as well! Theres nothing like catching 3rd gear in a Jeep with 33" Mickey's!

I guess my question is what are your opinions between the RRA 2 stage and the CMMG 2 stage? Anyone with experience with either and/or both?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
The title says it all but money is far and few between these days. Aside from my projectile addiction I have an 89 YJ with a 304 conversion sucking up my funds as well! Theres nothing like catching 3rd gear in a Jeep with 33" Mickey's!

I guess my question is what are your opinions between the RRA 2 stage and the CMMG 2 stage? Anyone with experience with either and/or both?

Ive heard they are about equal.

another option would be a JP single stage Adjustable trigger. its about $125 and is adjustable has a light crisp clean break and a very very short and distinct reset.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
I'll watch this one....just got my custom ordered CMMG and already wanting to change things on it.....

Woof
Bowser

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I've shot both CMMG and RRA 2-Stage triggers. Both are great triggers but I give the nod to the RRA.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I just polished the trigger and hammer surfaces on my mil spec trigger and installed $10 reduced power trigger/hammer springs. Might want to try it if you're low on funds. Just don't remove a lot of material, i think the parts are only case hardened. People have said the reduced power springs can cause doubling but I haven't had it happen to me.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I agree with Darkvibe. I did the same thing years ago to save money and it worked well. I have the RRA two stage and kind like my po-boy trigger jobs better.

If you go the polish/dremel route: start slow and have patience. You can always remove more, but if you remove too much you are buying additional parts. I had to do that once, but it worked out all good.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replies and hints. Not sure but I think I will try the polishing effort first to kinda get a feel for it. Where do you get the reduced trigger/hammer springs at?

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts