Springfield XD Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
For me, the two XDM's I run have been the most accurate and have had ZERO failures of any sort... even in "high energy" training in mud / sand etc.

The most failure prone gun was a used Glock 23 that was admittedly run hard and put away wet before I got it..... but still a bunch of stuff that broke/failed that just really should have never happened.

Kahrs..... been working just fine for me with a couple of small caveats that need to be considered.... Glock 42 that is a really nice, accurate and soft shooter...... S&W M&P9c... great gun.......

This is a great time to be a firearm owner. Most... (not all.... but the majority) ... of the brands out there will run just fine and will put rounds where they need to go when it is most important. To each their own.

Reactions: M. J. and Mark38090

·
Registered
951 Posts
It's a big safe. There's room for all kinds of **** in there. The people who trash XDs have either had a bad experience, which can and does happen with any gun manufacturer ( I'm looking at you Sig, I'm looking at you Shield EZ) or they never owned one. I like mine. It's been utterly reliable and ridiculously accurate, which is saying something in my hands.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have had 3 XD's. I had a XD45 compact which I sold and then bought a XDM45 Compact, and a XDS 45. All 3 guns were/are great. I carried the XDM 45 compact and XDS as my off duty guns for many years, I never had any issues with either gun. Each one has been totally reliable and very accurate.

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
wow.... oops... guess I need to start looking at the dates on these things.

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
When I took the class to become an NRA instructor, we had to do a qualification shoot. I was the only one in the class who wasn't shooting a Glock and everyone laughed and made fun of my XDM .45 all the way to the range. I was first in the class to qualify and I shot better than all of them. Awkward silence on the way back from the range. :cool:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Can I jump in on this 11-year old thread?

I love my M&Ps, PPQs, Springfields (1911s & XDms), etc... Can't we all just get along?!?!

·
Registered
711 Posts
You are actually bothered that someone does not like the gun that you like?

·
Registered
332 Posts
You are actually bothered that someone does not like the gun that you like?
Their hate for the XD seems just as religious as some who adore their beloved G or 1911’s.

Some of their issues are philosophical and having nothing to do with the gun or how it shoots.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts