Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen some on other sites like from m&p forum and ar15armory, saying like the XDM looks like a toy gun etc.! And that it is made from Croatia whatsoever, I mean I know you got to support your own pride, but in reality for the past 50 years the best autoloaders are biult in Europe, Glocks, HK, USp and now XD's. I got the interest too for a M&P, but i just can't stand it looks. it's like a 1911 in a polymer frame, it just don't see myself having that gun, especially the way it's trigger is designed! For me the XD and especially the XDM is truly a world class design in innovation and safety. I should just say this, sorry;)

·
Registered
101 Posts
I agree that the XDm (and XD's too!) are a world class design. As for the antagonists, let them talk! The important thing is that you like your gun, and it works for you. I for one love my XDm and will never be selling it. My opinion won't change because someone chooses to insult my purchase to make themselves feel better about theirs. All XD's are great guns. They are every bit as reliable as a Glock, if not more so. The market is flooded with Glocks so of course we will see fanboys praising them, and insulting the competition. No doubt they have their own strengths, but it comes down to personal preference which is just that... personal.

Please post a few links to the threads you're talking about. I would like to see what they have to say. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would venture to guess that MOST people are going to argue that they are delighted with guns that they themselves own. It is a perfectly natural response to defend one's property.

In the end, does it really matter? I bought my XMD40 because at that moment, the mix of availability, price, feel, quality, etc were at the highest threshold for me to make the decision to buy it but it is still a personal decision. People are different, they have personal preferences, tastes. If there was always a 'right' answer then we would all be driving the same car, wearing the same clothes, using the same operating system (geez, don't get me started on THAT!).

Get what works for you and move on. Most of the arguments against a personal preference are anecdotal at best, but mostly opinion, not fact.

I will go so far as to say that probably, ANY production pistol that you might purchase today that costs over $500 is probably a very well made, quality gun that will perform great and last for years.

I do likes my XDM40, though. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
XDAVEM40 + 1 !!! I actually have had a S&W M&P9 for a while. I've always wanted to try the XD9. When they came out with the XDM9 I decided to get one when I could afford it. Just bought one last Saturday and believe I like the XDM9 better. They're so much alike shooting, but, the XDM9 has more features plus a "lifetime" warranty. Think I'll be selling the M&P9 now. Will know tomorrow for sure after another trip to the range. Big Shot

·
Registered
463 Posts
Ahhh.....quit listening to those Glock owners. They're just jealous because their pistols looked like some ole prisoner carved them out of soap with that squared off look and they do not have that Tim Allen "Argh" factor the XDm has. Take one look at the look at some of the new cordless tools sold at Lowes or Home Depot and you will know the "Argh" factor sells products. Kind of like deciding between the looks of a Corolla or a Celica.

I bet I just sped up the activity of this thread.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ahhh.....quit listening to those Glock owners.
It's all in my sig.
I got a great deal on my Glock.
I would not trade it for anything else.
I would, if the $$ were right, sell it. But it was my first love.
And I'll always love it.
It's simple and easy to care for and it goes BANG every single time I pull the trigger.

With that being said, I'm not closed minded.

I know some guys that only drive a Ford.

I'll drive (or shoot) whatever I find to be dependable.

Glocks are dependable.
And from what I've learned, the XDs are just as dependable.

So here I am.
A .40 on the left and a .40 on the right (A Glock and a XD-40).

Pertaining to the original post by exan, it's the same no matter which forum you visit. Glock sites slam every thing that's not a Glock. Non Glock sites slam everything that's not the same as what they have.

Such is life.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
There are a lot of great firearm makers out there but this is my criteria, could I count on this firearm to protect my life if needed, in other words, reliability. There are some that are more finecky than others and I cannot afford that. What I have found with the Springfield,Glock H&K, and a couple others, they are work horses, they fire dirty, they do not care what kind of ammo you put through them and they will not let you down.

As for high end Kimber or even Springfield 1911's, I would not trust my life with these weapons, they can get out of tune and you will have a FTF. I know some will disagree with this because their 1911 has never misfired, but most of those weapons are in a safe and never get dirty.

It is Human nature to defend what firearm you have purchased but go to other forums not specific to one brand and see what non biased people say.

The XD and XDM'S are fine weapons and I would trust my life to one.

Reactions: gglass

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I read from Chuck Taylor ASAA that he considered the XD line as the pistol of the 21st century. I mean I'm a gun noob, only 3 months knowledge on semi-auto pistols, I'm more inclined to the polymer based pistols. First it was glocks, but after seeing and researching about the XD/XDm, their concept was based on ideas that can have the gun as safe, reliabe and built tough;)

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
i shot glocks and enjoyed the glock 17 & 19, intill "insert drumroll" i shot a xd-9..Glock made curtain rods before guns..i trust SA totally ........i now own a xd-9 and a xdm-40...

·
Registered
29,588 Posts
Honestly--for me, the XDM wasn't that good of a fit.

I wished it was; I liked the idea of a 16 shot .40, I know XD's are well put-together & reliable pistols...but, there are a few things that I really did not like about it (terrible trigger, sat too high), add in that it just did not shoot well for me at all, and it was probably one of the pistols I've owned for the least amount of time before recognizing the mistake and trading it off.

You may think it's the best thing since sliced bread; I'm saying that it ain't necessarily so...

·
Registered
41 Posts
have a glock 19 and xd tactical 45. Like them both, but they are different in more than just caliber. Let the bashers bash, "the emptiest vessel makes the loudest noise."

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was going to post pictures of them, but board says I can't post attachments. What evil deed have I committed? Or am I just computer-impaired [ie. stupid]?

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Is the XDm the perfect pistol? No, there's no such thing. Does it deserve to be bashed? Personally I don't think so, and neither do most gun reviews I've read. I shoot very well with my XDm and while I respect Glock's reputation (they just don't fit my hand right) I find it amusing that S&W M&P fans are bashing the XDm...

Not saying the M&P is a bad pistol or anything, I just haven't seen enough evidence that it deserves to be on the same level as Glock, XD, HK and SIG pistols are in my mind. One of my buddies really wants one, so maybe his experiences will change my mind.

At times the most annoying thing is hearing the GLOCKsters talk about their guns as the be all end all... but Glock has earned that rep with over a decade of producing amazingly reliable pistols. Well, XD is nearing its first decade in the US and seems to have earned some respect itself. The M&P has a long way to go...

·
Registered
486 Posts
It doesn't matter,, I get bashed by the Glock haters because I have a couple Glocks,,I don't care ,,I own alot of differant guns and enjoy each one for differant reasons,,obvioulsy I don't enjoy my glocks because I think they're great looking..lol

·
Registered
51 Posts
It’s your money buy what you want and like. I could never warm up to the Glocks. They shoot good and are reliable but I don’t like the grip angle and they just just don’t fit my hand right. When I draw them up I have to adjust and search to get a good sight alignment, with the XD’s it’s right there. What cracks me up is the Glock boys bragging I got me a new model whatever and I installed, a new bbl, sights, frame plug, spring kit, on and on and on and now I have a $1000 pistol that I can shoot lead bullets through. :ROFLMAO: I bring home my XD’s load them up with whatever and go shooting.(y)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts