Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a case of Wolf 9mm to try out.

It loads just fine into my Beretta 92 15rd and Colt AR 32rd 9mm mags, but after about 8 rounds in my 15rd XD9 mags, I can feel it start to bind up. After about 11 rounds I have to tap the mag after each round to get the next in. Even with all that, I can only get 14 rounds into the mag.

I'm guessing the metal is different with the XD9 mags causing friction so they won't slide down easily.

Anyone else have this issue with Wolf?

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
I don't like wolf ammo. My opinion. Not shared by all here.

to your question: I have 2 ten rounders and 1 15 round mag, all eat the WOLF just fine, and spit it out just fine.

You might try dismanteling your mags and wiping them clean on the inside. I did this then wiped some liquid TEFLON on the inside, let it dry, then lightly buffed it with a paper cloth. I did it just to do something. You might try it to help you situation.

Or it could be dirty ammo, Have you wiped off any unused rounds? are they dirty, sticky, slippery?

just some thoughts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I know opinions vary on this, but I don't use steel cased ammo in any of my auto loading pistols cause I value my extractors too much.

·
Registered
214 Posts
not safe in your gun, please send it all to me post haste for proper disposal...actually i will buy it off of you for a reasonable amount...PM me with asking price

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Wolf works great in my guns. Never a problem If your magazine binds it is either a user or a magazine problem, not the ammo. I suggest cleaning your magazine.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Silly question, but are you sure that they are 9MM luger/parabellum. Saw a guy at the range swearing and making a god awful scene trying to load his magazine. Turns out that 40SW do not work as well in a 9mm automatic. Having a woman point that out was a little too much for him. He stormed out all red faced. He never did finish shooting that day, and he had just arrived at the range.

:D
KIM

·
Registered
823 Posts
Clean and lube your mags, I have never had a problem with Wolf in mine, probably because I pay attention to that accessory that most shooters seem to ignore.

A magazine is part of a shooting system, if it's not maintained as well as the rest of the system, it will become the weak link that fails.

There is no significant dimensional difference between Wolf ammo and any other, but the steel cases may bind up in mags that will still feed brass.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I am a fan of the Wolf ammo (except the .380 :evil: ) and have noticed they are harder to load than brass. In my opinion, the steel is a little more rough than brass and seems to bind up when loading. I don't have any feeding problems but loading does seem more difficult.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I've only run about 100 rounds of Wolf through my XD9, but I didn't notice any binding issues when loading any of my magazines.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts