Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We decided to get the 65-5. What a great choice this was. The gun is tight, looks great, has hardly any wear, and I know is going to shoot great.

Now, can anyone point me in the direction of a guide that can tell me about the date of mfg by the serial #. I'm very curious to know it's exact age since it looks so good.

·
Registered
17,759 Posts
NICE!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Easiest way I know is to venture over to the S&W forum and ask there.
I'm on that forum occasionally (I have a couple different S&W's), and they have a few experts that can narrow down mfg. date pretty quickly.
Good luck, That's a nice looking revolver! :D

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I already posted on S&W and GT. Answers will hopefully come soon.

If anyone know here, the serial # is BPS2000.

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
Good looking gun.

Have you tried calling S&W and asking them directly?

·
Registered
892 Posts
From that serial #, I can tell you it was made before 2010. :rolleyes:

Very nice gun.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Man, that thing is DISGUSTING! It's all shiny and the wood has that reddish brown glow. I bet it shoots like garbage...

Send it to me IMMEDIATELY and I will dispose of it properly ;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
I already posted on S&W and GT. Answers will hopefully come soon.

S&W will tell you, I have called to find out the dates on a number of S&Ws I have over the years. They have always been very nice about providing the information.

I have a fondness for S&Ws myself.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fine looking revolver! You're in the grip in the 3rd picture.
I know and it makes me look skinny!

I found out the gun was manufactured in December 1993. The seller through in a box of 357 JHP and I won't be able to get to the range for a while. It's killing me.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
S&W will tell you, I have called to find out the dates on a number of S&Ws I have over the years. They have always been very nice about providing the information.

I have a fondness for S&Ws myself.
This gun is actually my Dad's. I just picked it up for him. The feel of these in the hand is outrageous. I always wanted a revolver and it was on my list, but now it's moving toward the top.

·
Registered
195 Posts
If it shoots like my model 65-5, you'll love it. Mine still has the original grips on it, but yours sure look like they'll handle better. I've been looking for holsters for it to carry concealed. Since the 65 is out of production, some makers don't stock holsters for them. Has anyone found a good belt holster for a 3" 65?
Just got mine back and have been missing it, (long story) so I want to carry it now that we have C/C in Kansas now.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Im jealous! damn nice piece of hardware! Almost looks like it was a safe queen for a while.

·
Registered
895 Posts
XDfense said:
We decided to get the 65-5. What a great choice this was. The gun is tight, looks great, has hardly any wear, and I know is going to shoot great.

Now, can anyone point me in the direction of a guide that can tell me about the date of mfg by the serial #. I'm very curious to know it's exact age since it looks so good.
She's a beauty I'm just starting to get into revolvers I only have the one so far, sw 500 but I love the hell out of it and if I had yours it'll always be attached to my hip even when sleeping. Congrats!!!

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
She's a beauty I'm just starting to get into revolvers I only have the one so far, sw 500 but I love the hell out of it and if I had yours it'll always be attached to my hip even when sleeping. Congrats!!!
Id be doing that same thing if I had that s&w 500!

·
Registered
895 Posts
YoopermikeXDM said:
Id be doing that same thing if I had that s&w 500!
500 is beautiful but sometimes I wish I would have waited to get it, I have a few guns and all of them except the 500 can be use as ccw, my next purchase will probably be a sw LCr since I have the sw bodyguard .380.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I love my 500 too, very fun to shoot.

·
Registered
895 Posts
willow said:
I love my 500 too, very fun to shoot.
Very expensive to shoot, 400gr hornadys aren't cheap. I don't want to hijack the thread with sw 500 when my man had a question bout his sw lol. Sorry op

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If it shoots like my model 65-5, you'll love it. Mine still has the original grips on it, but yours sure look like they'll handle better. I've been looking for holsters for it to carry concealed. Since the 65 is out of production, some makers don't stock holsters for them. Has anyone found a good belt holster for a 3" 65?
Just got mine back and have been missing it, (long story) so I want to carry it now that we have C/C in Kansas now.
Those wood combat grips came on it from the factory - they are the original. It was an option at the time and I guess they've become expensive to buy (saw them on eBay for $150 - ouch!).

I PM'ed Brigade Gunleather and they make them. I'll likely have them make one for it. I've been thoroughly impressed with their website and I always like supporting forum sponsors when I can.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts