Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting one or two of them for a car or get home bag gun. Anyone have one? Seems like in an emergency, it would be fine to open carry (legal here usually), but for $300 sure seems tempting for a gun that gets tossed somewhere just in case.

I've got to wait a few months so hopefully prices stay low.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
The Canik CZ clone has gotten favorable reviews. For the price, if it shoots reliably can't go wrong it seems.

9lb trigger though....yikes

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anything else in that 300 range that anyone would recommend for a get home/bug out bag? I looked at the S&W 9VE sigma, but it seems to be about $100 more.

I like my Glock and considered one of them, but for $500 they are just a bit steep for a stasher.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ruger 9E or a trade in glock. Screw Sigmas.

A CT-45 Kahr might be a.nice option too. Or a Canik CZ clone.
Seems like the cz clones are much heavier than the tp9, otherwise I'd be interested

·
Registered
113 Posts
I looked around the area for one of these. None to be found. When I asked why, the common answer was that century arms, who imports them is the worst to deal with. Warranty, paying bills, etc. Has anyone else heard this? The common conception was that they were excellent guns.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Seems like the cz clones are much heavier than the tp9, otherwise I'd be interested

It's not gonna be a primary carry right?

You're talking around 12 ounce difference. Drink more beer to get your arm strength prepared for the difference :-D

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's not gonna be a primary carry right?

You're talking around 12 ounce difference. Drink more beer to get your arm strength prepared for the difference :-D
It is not my arm, but rather my back if I have to pound pavement to get home in a catastrophe. 20 miles, and ounces quickly become pounds. But I'll follow your advise anyway, one scotch ale going down. Should help me look awfully manly in a kilt with Turkish pistol strapped to my hip.

Just kidding...... everything after the scotch ale part.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Gonna agree with the man of the cloth, here. Get a police trade-in G22 for about $350 and rest assured knowing you have 15+1 of a decent round in a lightweight and reliable package.

It's what I would do, and we all know: It's all about me. ;)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As much as I hate to say it, you may be right. Plus a used glock would work with my stable of glock mags. Funny how that works. Sticking with 9mm though.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
The cheapest I've found them is $359 on Gunbroker but I do like the Walther PPX, one of the best out of the box triggers in my opinion. Of course, the looks are something you have to get past, if that concerns you. Would I buy it over a used G19 or G17, no but if looking at brand new.

Hickok45 and his review of it...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gZYHzqlMqSg

My PPX....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts