Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out today to take my 9 yr old son to shoot his new bb gun he got last week for his birthday. Had a good time going over safty and then venting some pop cans. After his arms got tired of pumping I was able to put a couple mags threw my new canik s-120(cz75 clone). The gun shot grate. I was shooting at a paper plate nailed to a fence post at about 30-40 feet away. So this was by no means perfect range condistions but the canik was flawless. DA pull was made acceptable by putting a cajan gun works spring kit in it. I also replace the hammer pins and trigger roll pin with a solid freefloating pin from cgw. SA trigger pull was grate. All the pistols I have ever owend have been striker fired so the light SA trigger pull was nothing short of amazing in my eyes. I'm sure that the trigger could be worked down even more but I don't see the need as of right now for me. I'm sure this winter I will get board and start thinking about polishing up some parts but for now I am more than happy with its SA trigger pull. I had also put a set of cz rubber grips on the canik. It took some fitting but a little file work and sanding and they went on. I was not sure I would like the new grips because they were thicker than the cheap plastic grips that came with the gun but they seemed to work well shooting 2 handed. Still a little thick when shooting 1 handed but I almost never shoot with only one hand so its not a big deal. Would like to go with some vz grips but I just could not see paying $75 for grips to go on a $320 gun......yet :D
Now for the important part. The gun shot grate. The sights were average as far as factory sights go but they were right on target. I shot 34 rounds at the paper plate and it had 34 holes in it. Most of them were grouped in the middle of the plate in an area that I could cover with my hand. Not bad for me. I'm sure an expert shooter could have done better but I was pleased with my results using cheap ammo with a few winchester pdx1 rounds mixed in just to make sure they would feed and fire. Very impressed with this gun and at $319 shipped I could not be happier. Hope to get it to a real range and put a few hundered more threw it and see what I think then.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
I assume the 120 is a CZ clone?

Glad to hear it shot good. The CZ-75 design is inherently accurate by design.

I need to add one.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen! Is it a Canik or Tristar, same gun regardless I think. I read nothing but good things about them. Yours included now.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol that was the first thing my wife noticed when she saw it. Only she said "what's up with the kinda gay looking dolphins on this gun?" I told her it was the gun that killed flipper. :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts