Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
*before reading on the gun is NOT finished with Cerakote. I was mistaken*

Got the call yesterday that my canik s-120 had showed up. So far I like the gun for the price. I paid $319 shipped plus my $20 ffl fee. The gun seems well made and seems to be a very close copy of a cz75 from what I can tell. I have not done much with it beside strip it down and try to oil and clean it but when I got it apart I found that it was already VERY clean and VERY well oiled so I just wiped down some of the extra oil and put it back together. The only things I can see that I don't like are the cheapy plastic grips that I plan to replace with cz grips and the Cerakote finish which looked grate tell I threw it in the glove box of my truck and let it ride around for a day. Pulled it out and it already had several noticeable scratches.
The only thing that was in there with was a screw driver a leatherman tool and a pair of work glove and I was not off roading or bumping around a bunch. Guess its my own fault but I have put my m&p sheild in there and drove around with it many times and never got a scratch. This is my first experience with cerakote and I can't say I'm impressed. (Cerakote rant over) all in all I am very happy with the gun and will be able to tell everyone more after I get to the range.

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good... Don't worry about scratches, Its a inexpensive gun. That's what they are there for...
That's where I left it. Now that it has already been blemished I won't have to worry about babying it. Its not as if its a fancy custom high dollar pistol. Ill beat around with it for a while and if I like it enough have it recoated (maybe not in cerakote) in flat dark earth or some shade of tan. I already ordered a spring kit from cajan gun works and also picked up their solid trigger pin and a couple of their disconnector pins. Plan to order a set of cz rubber grip panels some time soon as well

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
You sure it's cerakoat on the black model? I thought it was just on the od green, tan and titanium models?

Apparently Bud's exclusives, and the only 3 mentioned are cerakoat:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You sure it's cerakoat on the black model? I thought it was just on the od green, tan and titanium models?

Apparently Bud's exclusives, and the only 3 mentioned are cerakoat:

Canik Factory Cerakote Pistols only at BudsGunShop.com - YouTube
Well I thought I had read that they were cerakoted but after going back and reading the discription on a couple different pages it seems as if the black s-120 are NOT cerakote. All it says is it's a "poly coat" finish.

I'M SORRY CERAKOTE FOR DRAGGING YOUR GOOD NAME THREW THE MUD. :what:

Thank you GTjon for catching my mistake.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
I have daily rage reports. I'm just that angry. :D

Looking forward to your non-rage-fueled range report! ;)

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I'm waiting for the range report as well. I'm probably going to pick up one of the clones based on the solid reviews.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts