Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice community you have here. I was googling facts about my new/used xd45 and here I am. (actually I was just super curious about this crayon engraving thats going on here, haha :))

I'm completely new to firearms in general let alone handguns so this should be a learning experience :idea:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Welcome, or should I say, How's it going, eh? I'm new here too, but an old firearms guy....you will find a lot of good stuff here, I've been checking out old posts all day!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Welcome from Texas

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Welcome Canada, O Canada from Northern Michigan. It is good to have you here. I have a question for you; are the gun laws really strict there? I have heard it is almost impossible to bring a firearm into Canada.

·
Premium Member
24,702 Posts
hello there

·
Registered
7,687 Posts

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Texas!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome :cool:

Yeah, our laws suck donkey ass. Don't even think about letting your handgun out of the house. You have to get special permits just to take it to the range. Theres also a fee for everything of course.

Could be worse though.

As for the engraving fill, I just tried it a few minutes ago with a yellow crayon. I have to admit it turned out better than I expected. :)

Still need to grab a cleaning kit though... good that there's plenty of tips and tricks on here.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Welcome from Iowa, we'll try not to hold the whole Canadian thing against you:) hoser.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
hello from another Canadian - one who escaped the winters, high taxes and silly gun controls to live in sunny and free Arizona :) Hope you enjoy this forum as much as I have - there are many helpful and experienced members here who will give you any help - just ask away.

wow, I have much respect for you going from new with firearms to owning your first handgun in Canada. I grew up in a farm area so learned to shoot long guns as a kid, latter learned handguns while serving. Left service with firearm qualifications and experience that meant nothing against all the libtard hoops to own a handgun - too much hassle, time and money for me ;) Relocation to Arizona has allowed me to get back into that.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts