Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
P+ all day long, not a problem at all. Fully supported barrel FTW!

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Dear God,

Almost 100 posts and you ask a question like this?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Dear God,

Almost 100 posts and you ask a question like this?
Good grief, it was a question. He didn't insult you in your 1,000+ post glory.

As for the "Dear God" part, God does answer prayers ... it's just that the answer is usually "No."

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Yup. :-D Why respond though if you have nothing to add to the thread?

I do have something to add. READ FIRST. A lot of people, way before you, have posted a lot of useful information here. Seriously, its like people this day and age have some affinity to actually looking for something they need to know. Its "gimme an answer . . . NOW", or "sorry, I have time to waste on the interwebz, but I dont have time to actually put some effort into what I would like to know".

Why use a forum if you are too damn lazy to do a simple search for "+P" that has literally been beat to friggin' death this past month and was probably on the first page of "View Latest Posts" without you even having to search. Its that damn common of a question!

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts

As for the "Dear God" part, God does answer prayers ... it's just that the answer is usually "No."

In this case, you are right. He didnt answer my prayer. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
I do have something to add. READ FIRST. A lot of people, way before you, have posted a lot of useful information here. Seriously, its like people this day and age have some affinity to actually looking for something they need to know. Its "gimme an answer . . . NOW", or "sorry, I have time to waste on the interwebz, but I dont have time to actually put some effort into what I would like to know".

Why use a forum if you are too damn lazy to do a simple search for "+P" that has literally been beat to friggin' death this past month and was probably on the first page of "View Latest Posts" without you even having to search. Its that damn common of a question!

Good grief guys, I thought that we here at XDTalk were the kindler gentler forum.
You're kinda sounding like glocktalk! STOPPIT!

-steve

·
Premium Member
305 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thanks fellas for the responses!!! It's greatly appreciated.

I have moderated and been a very active member of many boards. If I totaled my post count from only 3 boards that I frequent it would probably embarrass you as well as I. So please don't act like your the know it all about forums, and I am just some new person that does not understand. If it is not an urgent answer that I don't have time to research I ALWAYS try to search for the answer myself.

I'm fully aware of the etiquette when using a message board. Maybe YOU are not aware but most boards to not allow for searching key words less than 3 characters. So if I was to type +p in the keyword search the system would filter it out.

In fact for your own enjoyment/satisfaction please go to the search box and type in +P ammo. You will receive tons of threads in the results, but only for the keyword ammo. Now I'm not sure how much time you have on your hands but I don't have the time to sift through the 1000's upon 1000's of threads on this site with the word ammo in it.

On a last note it would have been alot easier on your part to either click the back button or just reply with a simple Yes. This is a message forum, if you can't handle multiple people asking the same question your definitely in the wrong spot. :shock:

Regards,
Civicman86

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Good grief guys, I thought that we here at XDTalk were the kindler gentler forum.
You're kinda sounding like glocktalk! STOPPIT!

-steve
+1000

sure its been asked hundreds of times but it takes less work to write yes then to complain.

and second the search function here SUCKS really bad.

but really guys just try to be nice it is a lot easier or just skip over the threads you dont feel like reading. if its something i dont want to answer then i dont read it

and lastly please please please dont let us become glock talk... no one here wants that.

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Thanks fellas for the responses!!! It's greatly appreciated.

I have moderated and been a very active member of many boards. If I totaled my post count from only 3 boards that I frequent it would probably embarrass you as well as I. So please don't act like your the know it all about forums, and I am just some new person that does not understand. If it is not an urgent answer that I don't have time to research I ALWAYS try to search for the answer myself.

I'm fully aware of the etiquette when using a message board. Maybe YOU are not aware but most boards to not allow for searching key words less than 3 characters. So if I was to type +p in the keyword search the system would filter it out.

In fact for your own enjoyment/satisfaction please go to the search box and type in +P ammo. You will receive tons of threads in the results, but only for the keyword ammo. Now I'm not sure how much time you have on your hands but I don't have the time to sift through the 1000's upon 1000's of threads on this site with the word ammo in it.

On a last note it would have been alot easier on your part to either click the back button or just reply with a simple Yes. This is a message forum, if you can't handle multiple people asking the same question your definitely in the wrong spot. :shock:

Regards,
Civicman86

I am no internet newb myself and post count doesn't mean a thing to me. I have my own forum, have had it for years, and have moderated several others. I am aware of search functions and how not all allow small key count searches.

I just dont understand though how I can visit the forum everyday and see the same questions asked two or three times in a single day and multiple more times in a week, yet the person asking the very common question doesn't see it. Maybe I use the forum differently, I dunno.

At any rate, I did flare up over nothing. It does make XDTalk look bad and makes me look like a jerk.

I try hard not to do this but I sometimes fail.

Please, except my apology to yourself and those participating in this discussion.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I am no internet newb myself and post count doesn't mean a thing to me. I have my own forum, have had it for years, and have moderated several others. I am aware of search functions and how not all allow small key count searches.

I just dont understand though how I can visit the forum everyday and see the same questions asked two or three times in a single day and multiple more times in a week, yet the person asking the very common question doesn't see it. Maybe I use the forum differently, I dunno.

At any rate, I did flare up over nothing. It does make XDTalk look bad and makes me look like a jerk.

I try hard not to do this but I sometimes fail.

Please, except my apology to yourself and those participating in this discussion.
Well said Tally.

If every question posted on the forum were not posted if it had been previously asked, I'll bet over 80% of all queries would be eliminated. If someone thinks a question is redundant they can just ignore it. The fact that some people respond is an indicator that there is some interest.

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
Seriously, its like people this day and age have some affinity to actually looking for something they need to know.
Uhm, I think you misused that word....Affinity means an affection for. So if they had an affinity for looking things up, they'd certainly search first. I'm just sayin'.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Pipe down sonny ,the old mans hung.

·
Registered
10 Posts

no its not. God always answers yes and amen- it's in the Bible.

sometimes we just don't ask the right way, so He doesn't hear us...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts