Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's all personal preference... but what is a stock xdm .40 ? 7# ? I was thinking the springer trigger job... would 3# be toooo soft ?

am i better just sticking with the combat trigger job.. 4 - 5 #'s ?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Most "experts" agree 4-5lbs for carry. Less than 4# for comp only. Mine, which has a "combat/carry" trigger from springfield is right at 4.5 lbs. It's good.;)

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have the "carry" job done by Springer Precision and I think its 4-5lb and it works great for what I use it for: target practice/range gun.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've been told that it is difficult to get an exact trigger pull weight on a polymer gun due to the variances in the frames. They are not all exactly the same, close but not exact. Due to these variances in the frames one would be remiss to quote an exact trigger pull weight. With that being said one could use springer precision, tactical technologies or canyon creek to name a few. I have purchased trigger kits from tactical technologies Tactical Technologies and a tungsten guiderod from canyoncreek www.canyoncreekcustom.com http://www.canyoncreekcustom.com creek both great companies.

·
Registered
647 Posts
It would help if you tell us why are you thinking the springer trigger job so we can understand what you're trying to achieve.

·
Registered
902 Posts
The SA CC job on my SC9 feels lighter than 4.5#. I think it is perfect although it has freaked out some friends because the break is quite clean.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the "carry" job done by Springer Precision and I think its 4-5lb and it works great for what I use it for: target practice/range gun.

I bought and installed the Springer kit in my xd9sc and it's excellent. Shortens the overall travel a bit, lightens the pull to about 4#s, smooth pull and clean break. Much better than stock, and even better than the stock XDM.

Welcome to our web store! : Springer Precision XD Trigger Kit

From what I understand, Springer also is THE place for XD triggers, if you want to have them do the work. I believe he uses the same parts as the kit they sell, but hand fitted and tuned. Just my 2 Cents. 8)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts