Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there's alot of legal issues with having more than 10 rounds in a magazine in california. But i was wondering if you can modify the magazine to hold more. Im assuming that the higher capacity magazines have a different spring. If anyone has tried to modify there magazine let me know how you did it please.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you don't live in Kalifornia (heh), and have a 9mm XD try a .40 cal magazine. You will have to modify the lips a bit to feed right but you will get 2 more rounds in it...

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
One sure fire way to get your gun to hold more ammo is....MOVE :lol:

·
Registered
821 Posts
islandchanel said:
I know there's alot of legal issues with having more than 10 rounds in a magazine in california. But i was wondering if you can modify the magazine to hold more. Im assuming that the higher capacity magazines have a different spring. If anyone has tried to modify there magazine let me know how you did it please.
I was told you can use 45gap mags in a 40 pistol.
They supposedly hold 12rds of 40.
I also hear you can put 15rds of 9mm in a 40 mag.
YMMV These may be just rumors.
If your talking about changing/modifing followers or
springs ,or modifing the body of the mag thats a
big no no in ©aliban.

·
Registered
102 Posts
40 cal mags hold 15 rounds of 9mm. Untouched they will lock the slide back with one round left in the mag when using 9mm ammo. If you slightly pinch in the feed lips about 20 thousands of an inch they will work perfectly in both 40 and 9mm. I know when the federal ban was in place on manufacturing hicaps they said this was ok because nothing had been manufactured also the mags still work in the original gun. Another option is promag s&w mod 59 mags that hold 15 rounds of 9mm. They just need need the hole cut in the front of the mag for the catch. These are very reliable. Now if you happen to find some of these lying around that you had before the mag ban of 1/1/2000 you would be all set. :wink: Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts