Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK y'all, I got tired of trying to find this in the old posts\threads so I am just going to ask it. I bought a 12 round XD40 mag recently and couldn't help but notice the only difference between it and the 10 rounder is there is no dimples in it. So my question is can you modify the 10 rounders to 12's by just cutting out the dimples? And if anyone else has done this did it cause any feed probs.? Thanks DonXD40

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
The dimples need to be removed and if you pop them open you will notice that the followers are different and will likely not allow you to increase capacity without modification to the follower also. It is really not worth the effort unless you get them super cheap. Better off selling your 10rd magazines to guys in states like California and buying some new factory 12rds.

mcb

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dimples need to be removed and if you pop them open you will notice that the followers are different and will likely not allow you to increase capacity without modification to the follower also. It is really not worth the effort unless you get them super cheap. Better off selling your 10rd magazines to guys in states like California and buying some new factory 12rds.

mcb
Well that is an angle I did not consider, selling them that is. I just figured if it was an easy mod. I could save a couple of bucks. Always looking to save a few pennies if I can. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts