Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im up on pistols a bit but not 100%, espically when it comes to applying this type of lube.

I was wondering if someone can post up pictures on where to apply the slide glide.:confused:

·
Premium Member
14,230 Posts
Umm, just guessing here, but anywhere potential sliding contact and friction could occur? Except I wouldn't lube the barrel ramp or chamber. No lube in the magazine either, although some use dry powder, etc. I even run a SMALL amount of lube over the OUTSIDE of the barrel. I don't use slide glide, so not sure it's consistency. I use Tetra Grease everywhere.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well yeah on the paper that is included it says

coat all contact areas, frame and slide rails. upper and lower barrell locking lugs and bushing, upper locking lugs of slide, recoil spring, guide rod, and inside reverse plug. hammer and sear ( pins, sear nose, hammer hook )

confused a bit...

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Im up on pistols a bit but not 100%, espically when it comes to applying this type of lube.

I was wondering if someone can post up pictures on where to apply the slide glide.:confused:
Slide Glide, is that a grease?

If so, put it on the frame rails, front and back and on the slide channel where it mates up with the frame.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thats what I thought ( and knew it was used for ) but then I got it here and it had an insert in the package that said all those above things.

Thanks tho.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts