Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right direction so that I might find an xdgear holster? I would have thought it would be on the springfield site, but it's not there. :? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Almost no one has any left, SA is being slow to get a second shipment in. Although in the trading forum there are a few for sale also check ebay.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
You mean those things are worth money? How much will you give me for mine? It came with my new Tactical and my first opinion of it was to throw it in the trash. Love the guns though...lol

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
There's one for sale on the trading post.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I got one that looks like it was designed for a SC that came with my last XD-9 Service purchase, willing to sell it to interested parties. It is belt slide only and does not rotate if I remember right. I already got two good holsters so I don't need it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
you mean that cheap one that came with the gun? damn thing scratched my finish first time I tried it! I'll trade you my "brand name quality" SA XD Gear holster for a "cheap" Uncle Mike's...

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I already have an Uncle Mike's for the XD. Use it as a range/practice holster. Uncle Mike's makes good stuff for little money. For CCW I prefer leather though. .

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
manygunner said:
I already have an Uncle Mike's for the XD. Use it as a range/practice holster. Uncle Mike's makes good stuff for little money. For CCW I prefer leather though. .
You know.. I have had terrible luck with leather holsters.. I like kydex... for me that material works the best.

I bought a Ruger MKIII recently though, and was rifling throug my holsters to see if any would fit, and I'll be damned.. the Don Hume for my little Tauras 85 fit's the Ruger as snug as a bug... I will have to get some pictures for you...

Raymond

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Captain Ray said:
manygunner said:
You know.. I have had terrible luck with leather holsters.. I like kydex... for me that material works the best.

I bought a Ruger MKIII recently though, and was rifling throug my holsters to see if any would fit, and I'll be damned.. the Don Hume for my little Tauras 85 fit's the Ruger as snug as a bug... I will have to get some pictures for you...

Raymond
I bought a Don Hume and it fits my Sig 229 better than my XD, go figure.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Captain Ray said:
manygunner said:

Raymond
Hi Capn,

I got both Kydex and leather. Kydex is good for speed and I liek my Blade-tech and Uncle Mike's for OWB range use but for IWB CCW I am really more comfy with leather. It is a personal preference. Use what works for you. I right now have Galco, Bianchi, DeSantis, Don Hume, FIST, Blade-Tech and Uncle Mike's for my various guns. I use what seems to work best for the particular gun.

BTW, how is the MkIII vs the MkII? I have been eyeing a MkIII Hunter at my local shop for past few months, love the fluted barrel look. The half checkered Cocobollo grips are very aesthetic also.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I don't know about the MKII because I have never shot one.. This one is a MKIII 22/45.. I don't know how it compares to the target versions.. but I bought it for practice. I like the 1911 feel of the pistol. It just feels right. (Plus it was cheap, and I had some extra money.. My Mom wanted my little Beretta, and I needed a replacement .22.. this is the one that I chose.)

Now.. the holster.. Of course I will not use this pistol as a carry gun. It is for fun, and disabling zombies... it will work.. in a pinch..

I needed to be able to carry the gun.. so I went through my collection of holsters.. that collection is starting to get kind of big.. heh... and I plugged the MKIII into a Don Hume holster that was custom made for my Taurus 85... it fits perfectly! In fact, it re-holsters better than the .38.. I think because of the long narrow barrel, and slim design of the ruger it plugs itself neatly into this holster.

I use a kydex holster for the .38.. I like it better.

I will need to buy a OWB holster for the Ruger, but for now.. it will do.

Raymond

1 - 12 of 12 Posts