Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there have a nylon holster right now? Ive looked around and cant seem to find much of anything but the tactical thigh holsters- ive kinda considered them, but dont think they would be very practical for my use.
Otherwise, has anyone had any experience with the Safariland Custom Fit Model: 560, though i see them on some peoples site to fit an XD... it does not show to be compatible on their website.

I guess im just mostly interested in nylon because from what i hear it is the best to protect the finish of the gun. I just got a new XD that came with the XD Gear holster, and i can already see like little faded streaks across the slide- BUT I WANT IT TO STAY PERFECT FOREVER! haha

I dont necessarily need a concealed holster as I dont have a permit, but im open either way. I just really need some help cause ive really been looking for a good long time and just cant seem to find something that i would be happy with yet.

I do like the style of the don hume agent... but im still not quite sure about leather either. What do you guys consider when buying a holster ?

Thanks

·
Banned
5,098 Posts
I own a Desantis Tuck This holster (IWB). It's all nylon except for the clip which is plastic.

Here's a link:
http://www.desantisholster.com/n91.html

It's worked well for me. It conceals well with my XD, which they have a model for. The biggest negative for me is that it's a major pain getting in & out of the car. I think it's me though. With this holster and my shirt tucked, it's not convenient to pull your shirt out, take the gun out, when getting in the car, and vise versa getting out. I think having an OWB & jacket would work better, especially this time of year.

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
http://www.bianchi-intl.com/
use the holster selector and you can find the ranger shadow.

You may have to find a local dealer to order it. I tried to get one for my Bersa Thunder 380 and they shippped the wrong one. They sent a leather pancake and I kept it. Leather is a bit more expensive but much more comfortable.

http://www.desantisholster.com/001.html

I have this one for my XD9 and I love it as well. The local shooting range had this for $34.99, well below the sugjested price. (a lot cheaper than bianchi, but just as good).

·
Registered
285 Posts
Consider carefully a nylon holster before you buy. There are a ton of stories about unintentional discharges when reholstering. The nylon grabs the trigger and then next thing you know you're sporting a new hole in your leg. This could happen with the XD as well.

Leather or Kydex is much safer and the Kydex is no more expensive.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guys,
Thanks for the suggestions. I actually just picked up the Uncle Mikes Paddle holster today only because i need a holster by this Thursday cause im going to Gunsite. No one would have been able to special order me something and get it to me in time for the course.
So ill see how this works out but i think im definately going to look into getting a nice leather one in the near future. Any more suggestions for that route would be great! What do you guys think of safariland ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Paladin said:
Consider carefully a nylon holster before you buy. There are a ton of stories about unintentional discharges when reholstering. The nylon grabs the trigger and then next thing you know you're sporting a new hole in your leg. This could happen with the XD as well.

Leather or Kydex is much safer and the Kydex is no more expensive.
I would agree with paladins comments about the leather or Kydex. While I don't own either yet, I'm shopping. I do currently own the Desantis "Tuck This" which seems like a good nylon holster, but will only suit my needs at times.

I do need to somewhat disagree with the comment about AD happening with the XD. I'm sure that if someone is unsafe while holstering an XD, this could happen.

We all know that we need to keep our finger out of the trigger guard unless it's time for business! The same should also hold true when holstering an XD. Practice reholstering without holding in the grip safety, and you shouldn't have an AD situation.

Just my $.02

Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts