Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can somebody help me to find the mass of the following parts for the xd-9 tactical

the slide

the striker

the barrel

the frame

and also the spring rates for

the mainspring

the striker spring

the reason i am requesting this information is that i am doing the mathematical modeling of this pistol as a group project in one of my engineering courses as i am an ag bio engineering student at the u of s i would measure this myself but i dont have a scale that would be proper for this purpose and i cant take my gun home as i live on campus and must keep it at the range

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sorry, I can't help here. Have you called SA to ask about it? I'm sure they will at least entertain the idea seeing as how you are a student doing research. Give them a call, it won't hurt!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the idea moose i called them and they said that they would get the info for me and call me back

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Post them when you get them from Springfield. I'm sure the will come in handy to other people. Maybe we can get one of the mod to create a sticky.

·
Registered
19 Posts
what exactly do you mean when you say the mainspring? when you say striker spring, you mean the small, soft one, or the indicator spring...the long skinny one that rides inside the striker?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mainspring = recoil spring the one on the guide rod

striker spring = the one thatpushes thi striker forword when the trigger is pulled

p.s. spring rates are measured in pounds per inch or newtons per meter metrick is prefered

·
Registered
45 Posts
quickspin - You had best use the term "recoil spring". "Mainspring" is a different part on other handguns and doesn't really exist on an XD (unless some smithys use the term colloquially).

Sheff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts