Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went skeet shooting this past weekend with my remington 870 and I was having trouble ejecting shells. In order to pump the shells out I was having to use ALOT of force. I now know that probably wasn't the best idea but at the time I was focused more on shooting and not worrying about what was going on. After about 100 shells I noticed my barrel was loose and was able to rotate 45 degrees either direction. I looked inside the action and saw where a pretty big chunk of metal was missing. I've never seen anything break like this and I have not used a gunsmith before. what do you all think?

Attachments

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Please don't tell me it's a wingmaster.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I'd like to see the barrel collar to the magazine tube on the other end. And the threads on the tube Ouch !

Sounds like more going on than just a loose mag end cap

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sounds like a strucural failure. I bet remington will make it right, and quickly, too, if you mention that you post a lot on gun forums. :) If they don't, and if it were me, I'd make sure that they lost 100x as much in potential customers as it would have cost them to fix it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it's a broken ejector, I talked to customer service at remington and they're sending a UPS truck to pick it up tomorrow. Apparently since the ejector is riveted in they're going to have to re-finish the action after they put the new one in so hopefully it doesn't get too expensive. Like a moron I never filled out the warranty card, I wont make that mistake again. The customer service rep also said that they'll fix whatever was causing the shells to lock up the action.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just leave out the part where you shot 100 rounds even after it started acting up
I'm not sure when exactly it broke so it wouldn't surprise me if I shot it broken. we were playing annie oakley and the last few shots the gun ejected the shell like nothing was wrong. :lol:

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
it's a broken ejector, I talked to customer service at remington and they're sending a UPS truck to pick it up tomorrow. Apparently since the ejector is riveted in they're going to have to re-finish the action after they put the new one in so hopefully it doesn't get too expensive. Like a moron I never filled out the warranty card, I wont make that mistake again. The customer service rep also said that they'll fix whatever was causing the shells to lock up the action.
They can't see when the gun was registered to your name?

·
Registered
29,835 Posts
They can't see when the gun was registered to your name?
If you don't fill out the warranty card, the manufacturer has no registration of the gun associated with you.

If you are referring to the 4473 you fill out when you buy the gun--that's not a registration, and the manufacturer never sees it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts