Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to pull the trigger on getting another xd and am debating 40sw or 9mm. I currently own a 9mm sub compact and love it. But now my wife is learning to like shooting so its time to add another pistol to the vault. The sub is carried, the new weapon will be for home defense. My question is: Can a lasermax be used in an xd40 (4") with 9mm conversion barrel installed???

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was checking into one for my XD40 service. I've also got an EFK firedragon 9mm conversion barrel. Email them. From what I understand they have one model for the XD40 and one for the 9mm/.357 sig. I ended up getting a Laserlyte QD that attaches to the rail. The Lasermax would be pretty sweet though!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am curious how well it performs in the XD. My Buddy has one in a SIG226, and it is perfect, but the one I had in my 1911 caused it to jam every couple of rounds. Most of the reviews that I have read the 1911 owners have all had the same problems I did.
Hopefully the one for the XD doesn't hurt function.
IJ

·
Registered
5 Posts
rquack said:
I'm about to pull the trigger on getting another xd and am debating 40sw or 9mm. I currently own a 9mm sub compact and love it. But now my wife is learning to like shooting so its time to add another pistol to the vault. The sub is carried, the new weapon will be for home defense. My question is: Can a lasermax be used in an xd40 (4") with 9mm conversion barrel installed???
There will be no problem in installing the Lasermax in the gun with the
9mm conversion as long as the barrel has the same geometry as the
factory barrel. The problem may be laser alignment. The 40sw version
LMS-4XD40 has a differnent alignment from the 9mm/357sig version
(LMS-XD9/357) That is why (2) versions are offered.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Integratedj said:
I am curious how well it performs in the XD. My Buddy has one in a SIG226, and it is perfect, but the one I had in my 1911 caused it to jam every couple of rounds. Most of the reviews that I have read the 1911 owners have all had the same problems I did.
Hopefully the one for the XD doesn't hurt function.
IJ
I am not sure what kind of jams you had, but the 1911 Lasermax is geared for heavy carry loads. It comes with their "standard spring" (its heavy). The
heavy spring can cause problems depending on the ammo being shot
and the gun itself. They do offer a reduced power spring that cures
the issue. LMS-191R.

I have one myself and absolutely love it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have 2 different tension springs from them, and both are not 100% reliable in my Springfield. It functions fine with the stock guide rod and factory spring, as well as with the Wolff spring I have for it.
I am also not the only 1911 owner I know if with problems. Other guy owns a Kimber that it doesn't function 100% in.

They function perfect in his Sig226 though.
I plan on getting one for my XD40 cause it is such a great idea, and I usually only hear good about them.
IJ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts