Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I live in California in Los Angeles County and know it is probably impossible to obtain a CCW unless you're in it with someone. I know I can carry at home, on my property. But if I am at a family members house and I ask if its okay to carry, and they say yes. Can I? Or do I need a permit for that?

Thanks

·
Registered
442 Posts
Yes you can carry in someones else's house or on someone else's property if you obtain the owners permission.

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
Not everyone wants their status known... Kind of takes the element of surprise away if everyone knows what hand your holdin... ;)

- Gealousy
Nope. When you answer the door and someone scouting you out sees the gun. Minds get changed quick. When a car that doesn't live at the end of my dead end street drives by slow and I stand out on the front porch, someone knows.

Fwiw on my block everyone has had gas stolen from their tanks, broken into, or attemteted to be broken into or other petty crimes against them.

My direct neighbor and I OC. Neither of us have had any petty crimes, break ins or attempts.

Just saying....

Maybe it's luck or karma.

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
Nope. When you answer the door and someone scouting you out sees the gun. Minds get changed quick. When a car that doesn't live at the end of my dead end street drives by slow and I stand out on the front porch, someone knows.

Fwiw on my block everyone has had gas stolen from their tanks, broken into, or attemteted to be broken into or other petty crimes against them.

My direct neighbor and I OC. Neither of us have had any petty crimes, break ins or attempts.

Just saying....

It does tend to work that way.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts

Just saying....

You guys aren't worried about them targeting your house for guns?

·
Registered
11 Posts
You guys aren't worried about them targeting your house for guns?
This is a very serious concern for me. When I inherited a pistol recently (the first I have owned in many years), I had a wall safe installed. Someone stealing a weapon form me, and then committing a crime with that weapon, is something I worry about. I do whatever I can to avoid that problem, but I am not always home...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts