Springfield XD Forum banner

Can anyone test trigger guard lasers from xd-s to xd-s mod.2?

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Blaxiom 
#1 ·
I ordered the XD-S Mod.2 with the Viridian laser. After research, I realized it is the E series red laser. I am looking into ordering the viridian reactor r5 gen 2 green laser or a crimson trace green trigger guard laser. I am a bit concerned about the reactor r5 because the power button is only on the left side (I'm right handed) and I may need to add a magnet to my crossbreed holster to get the auto-on working. I rather go crimson trace with the instinctive laser button. The only issue is that crimson trace has not given any info on if the current lasers support the xd-s mod.2 or if they plan on releasing one in the future.

So I ask the community that may have these lasers with the XD-S and also have the XD-S mod.2... does it fit the new mod.2?

Thanks in advance for any input!

#5 ·
Just saw the thread, I have the plain vanilla wrapper XDS9 with a Green CT bout when they were first released. it is fir the wife and I better leave it that way. Good to know they are not compatible as I recently bought a XDS40 Mod 2

#6 ·
I wish I could help you, but my laser is Weaver/Picatinny mounted, and I'm having a heck of a time finding concealment holsters that fit around the underframe mount. Works quite well as is, waiting on an ordered holster that is said to fit. We'll see. The green ones are said to be visible in daylight at limited ranges. Haven't checked it in broad daylight, dawn and just before twilight work ok.

#7 ·
I have the XDS Mod 2 with a viridian reactor r5 gen 2 green laser which fits perfectly. I have two holsters for the XDS both with the magnet built in. This arrangement works well with the laser off when holstered and coming on automatically when drawn; no wasted motion or need to push any button. The battery life is great also.

The only real issue is the button to turn the laser on or off should you want to do that; the button is hard to push which is great as it won’t be hit accidentally but it is difficult when you want to shut off the unit. I leave the unit always on and store the handgun in the holster which deactivates the laser automatically.

Thought I would pass this along.

#8 ·
I have the XDS Mod 2 with a viridian reactor r5 gen 2 green laser which fits perfectly. I have two holsters for the XDS both with the magnet built in. This arrangement works well with the laser off when holstered and coming on automatically when drawn; no wasted motion or need to push any button. The battery life is great also.

The only real issue is the button to turn the laser on or off should you want to do that; the button is hard to push which is great as it won’t be hit accidentally but it is difficult when you want to shut off the unit. I leave the unit always on and store the handgun in the holster which deactivates the laser automatically.

Thought I would pass this along.
I have the same setup but I am having tons of trouble finding a good iwb holster for it. Which holsters do you have for it? Thanks

#10 ·
I have the XD-S Mod.2 9mm with the CT red-dot so no trigger guard laser here. But I do have a CT CMR-202 rail light and was also having a hard time finding a holster. Stumbled across Falco A320/220 hybrid holster and they offer a ton of customizable options. Each holster is made to order so I'll update after I've had it for a bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.