Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've fed 500 total rounds through the new pup without a hiccup of any kind. The gun is extremely accurate, easy on the recoil and ties with my 2022 in the natural "pointability" category. As of tonight the XD40 is taking over night watch duties at the house. I still find the gun too large to carry but she's perfect for her chosen role.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Bet she can handle the night watch duty very nicely. That little gal can reach out and bite ya. Bet she will take care of her owner.

·
Registered
339 Posts
My XD40 is the nightstand gun and my EDC. My 6" Ruger Security Six would also fill the role nicely, but I don't see the need to have seperate carry and nightstand guns when I carry a full size pistol. So my Security Six sits in the safe except for the occaisional shooting trip or hunting.

Good to see your XD40 has been good to you. 2500 rounds have passed through mine without a malfunction.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My 40 is my late fall/winter carry and 365 night duty - she's happy with that.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't want to like it but man, the trigger on this gun whoops my Glock triggers. By far my favorite trigger setup is the stock trigger on my 2022. This ones close though. :)

·
Registered
538 Posts
Pretty lady on your bedside ya got there...Who is the jilted lover she is replacing?

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The XD is replacing my Glock 19. Apparently my Gen 2 Glock 19 and its original magazines were quite valuable to our brethren in Mass. I sold it for $700. :)

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
Not too big. I have one on my hip all day, everyday. CBST with the J clips works great for me. Half the time I don't even know it's there and neither does any one else. Tee shirt for cover.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts