Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i called springfield today to ask about some warranty work. the lady on the other end sounded very unsure of her answers so i thought you guys could help her answer some of my questions.

i asked her about refinishing under warranty. she said that it would be the same exact finish that came with the gun. is this true? i thought they offered a new armory kote (or something like that). she said she has never heard of it. does anyone know what kind of finishes they offer?

also, i asked her about mailing. i asked her if the entire firearm is required or just the upper. again she couldnt answer me. all i want to do is get the slide refinished, do i have to send in the whole firearm to do that?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Their standard practice is probably to apply the same finish as the one which came on your gun. However, the finish on the XD's is a "bruniral" finish which is applied in Croatia.

Springfield knows the bruniral finish is crappy. They have to, by now.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Hmm sounds like you got a rookie or someone who just totally got left out of the loop. If your finish got messed up due to rust then supposedly they will put an Armory Kote on it and no, this isn't the same thing that came with the gun. I'd suggest either calling them back and trying to get someone else or trying to contact the custom shop directly. You shouldn't have to send anything more than the slide if that's all you want refinished but if you send the whole gun I believe they will refinish all of the internal metal parts as well for no extra charge. Don't quote me on that, though.

There is a thread around here somewhere about what they offer and how much each thing costs.

·
Registered
157 Posts
i e-mailed them and got a nice rep. named megan she handled everything and i chose what i wanted....i had a little rust problem on the slide...i had the regular black finish and i chose to go silver..not only did they do the slide but they did all metal parts in silver as i requested...i just got it back last monday and it looks great....i hope to post pics tonight..i know r/t has been waiting for them....he also is having some warranty work done soon....but i was given 3 to 4 choices on what i wanted.....e-mail them and tell them how much you love your gun...a little kiss never hurt nothing.....i did!!!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
from mail box to mail box it was 10 days...i was told it would be 1-2 weeks...and they said they would reimburse my shipping charges as well...which came to about $35 fed-ex....but that will be mailed seperatly i am guessing 6 weeks to get a check....so send a copy of your receipt or you can fax it to them as i did....

·
Registered
25 Posts
hummel said:
i e-mailed them and got a nice rep. named megan she handled everything and i chose what i wanted....i had a little rust problem on the slide...i had the regular black finish and i chose to go silver..not only did they do the slide but they did all metal parts in silver as i requested...i just got it back last monday and it looks great....i hope to post pics tonight..i know r/t has been waiting for them....he also is having some warranty work done soon....but i was given 3 to 4 choices on what i wanted.....e-mail them and tell them how much you love your gun...a little kiss never hurt nothing.....i did!!!!
When you say silver do you mean stainless steel? Was this on the slide and parts or just the parts.

·
Registered
157 Posts
they said i could get the armory kote in silver...black....or OD green....and if i wanted it hard chromed they would have to send to thier custom shop....but i didnt want the shine so i got the silver...my prblem was just on the slide but i wanted all metal parts finished..and they did...i should have pics up tonight...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Megan at S/A is the best. After e-mailing her about the finish wearing off on my XD Tactical, She had me send the pistol in and they refinished ALL the metal in OD green Armory Kote. Great finish and great service. That will keep me a loyal Springfield customer.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I chose the black Armory-Kote and yes they did everything on the weapon, took about 10-12 days and this was during the Xmas Holiday
Megan at SA is the best

·
Registered
29 Posts
where is the thread on the choices? i did a search and couldnt find it!

Does megan have her own email add? since she is a nice person and knows what she is talking about i rather deal w/ her.

·
Registered
11 Posts
hummel,
What parts in addition to the slide did they refinish? I'm guessing grip safety, slide release, and take-down lever. Anything else? I have the Bi-Tone XD40, but I'm a little phobic about rust. When I went to purchase the pistol I was shocked to see several, brand new, still in the box Bi-Tones with surface rust already on the slide. We had to sift through four unopened boxes before I finally found one with no rust.
As a side note, I believe my pistol (and the others I was looking at) were produced around Jan. '04. I've since seen other blued versions that appear to have a darker finish than the earlier models. Perhaps some adjustments have been made in the finishing process?

·
Registered
157 Posts
along with all the pins and trigger and mag release as well i have pics up finally let me see if i can get her e-mail for you...here she is [email protected] about the only thing they didnt do was the barrel and rod but thats fine with me...i love it and thats all that matters...good luck!!!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for the replys guys.

i did just that (email) and got in touch with megan. currently working eveything out.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts