Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am LEO, just ordered a XDM 3.8 40 cal gun. Its OD with black slide, however, the gun shop that I had bought it from says that it wont come for at least a year, because Springfield doesnt make enough of the guns with color to match the demand fast enough. This sucks so bad, I have other guns, so I can wait....I really hope that I get my weapon before a year? Anyone else have this problem? How long did you have to wait?

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
I havent seen a Od green SA for a long time. I just got a Black and Tan G26 though.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Why wait a year? Buy online. Support your LGS but a year is to long.

·
Banned
20,993 Posts
Agree

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
It just sounds like Springfirld doesn't produce enough...I'd say go online like droopy said, you're bound to find fine quicker than waiting a year. Or there's always the option of buying a black one and having it painted.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'm confused by this thread. What does SA not making enough OD green pistols have to do with California sucking and what is the significance of being an LEO and your one year wait time? Congrats??

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
I agree that state sucks but it's not got nothing to do with your problem. You need to warm your computer up and find one.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Don't be surprised if you never see it. I was at the factory in Croatia last week. No OD models in production right now. I doubt they will stop the line and make one just for you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm confused by this thread. What does SA not making enough OD green pistols have to do with California sucking and what is the significance of being an LEO and your one year wait time? Congrats??
Well...in Cal, you cannot have this weapon with high cap mags in Ca. Period! Unless of course you are Law Enforcement and even so...it take even longer to get the gun in California, for reasons I do not know...thats just what the gun shop and springfield had told me. I hope I.cleared up your confusion...if not, sorry buddy.

·
Registered
604 Posts
You have to jump through hoops to get a gun not on the extortion, I mean, gun roster in CA! So, you typically add $100 ~ $125 on top of the price, if you can find one! That's how I got my XDm .45 in bi-tone...Very $$$

Yes, LEO's have it easier :) Oh, us mortals can't have standard capacity mags either...

So, yes, CA SUCKS!!!

Good luck Mike!

·
Premium Member
8,307 Posts
California sucks.......why....:confused:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Don't be surprised if you never see it. I was at the factory in Croatia last week. No OD models in production right now. I doubt they will stop the line and make one just for you.

That would be cool to see the factory.

·
Premium Member
11,243 Posts
Yes, move back to America before they close the border! :)
You laugh, but there is considerable talk there to invoke an "exit tax" based upon where you live, what the state believes you've "used" over the years, and the amount of money you're taking with you.

I will be paying a "pro-rated" amount for various services based upon roughly one-quarter of this year's fees. A friend of mine left for Florida in June of 2013 and got a bill for almost six months. This is sort-of an exit tax but not nearly the percentages being considered.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
You laugh, but there is considerable talk there to invoke an "exit tax" based upon where you live, what the state believes you've "used" over the years, and the amount of money you're taking with you.

I will be paying a "pro-rated" amount for various services based upon roughly one-quarter of this year's fees. A friend of mine left for Florida in June of 2013 and got a bill for almost six months. This is sort-of an exit tax but not nearly the percentages being considered.
I'm not surprised. The communist, I mean liberal politicians that run CA have so sufficiently trashed the states economy that it's causing massive depopulating. So now they want to eff you sideways without the courtesy of a reach-around if you decide you've had enough and it's time to get the hell out of there? Man I'm glad I got out in 2001. You couldn't pay me enough to live there now.

Sounds more like posting bail than an "exit tax."

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Costa Rica has an exit tax.
its like 28$ though

1 - 20 of 21 Posts