Springfield XD Forum banner

California resident need XDM magazines - have FFL, no vendor

5K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  Pardini 
#1 ·
All,

Welcome to the glorious world of California! I was wondering if the community could help me out and point me in the direction of a vendor that can assist me.
As we all know California has a round limitation on magazines of 10, all of the Xdm 40 compact magazines fall within this exclusion. I have contacted and confirmed with an FFL, that he is willing to accept mail ordered mags and charge me a fee to block them. The problem is finding a vendor that is willing to listen to me after i mention "California". We all know it is legal to own and have a XDM in california, we all know you have to limit the mags to 10 rounds or less, we all know an FFL has to assist in this... does anyone know a vendor?

its hard to combat and read thru all the FUD on the various sites. All the big sites i have contacted so far are unable to assist me, all just giving me a blanket NO. i have tried cheaper than dirt, pistolgear, and brownells. See below of pistolgears email:

We are not, sorry.

Kind Regards,
Pari
Team PistolGear
assist@pistolgear.com
PISTOLGEAR | Springfield XD XDm Parts, Accessories, Magazines, Sights in stock

On Jul 7, 2014, at 2:28 PM, <i> wrote:

You are incorrect in that regard. They are legal to purchase via private party and Single Shot Exception.

You are correct in that they are not on the "california safe handgun roster", but they are not illegal to own in California

Regardless, are you able to assist in my purchase and shipment to an FFL?

On Monday, July 7, 2014 12:25 PM, PistolGear Support <assist@pistolgear.com> wrote:

Even with magazines block, the XDM is not legal for ownership in CA unless you are law enforcement, at which point you can own full capacity magazines.

Kind Regards,
Pari
Team PistolGear
assist@pistolgear.com
PISTOLGEAR | Springfield XD XDm Parts, Accessories, Magazines, Sights in stock

See less See more
#27 ·
You can go to Tracy Rifle and Pistol in Tracy CA and buy blocked mags for the XDM. They will order if not in stock and have them blocked for you before you pick them up. If you buy the mags from them there is no charge for blocking. They will charge you $15 per to block any others.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.